SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a good gun toting leather belt.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a good gun toting leather belt. Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I want a black 1.5 leather gun belt. I like the ranger style but just a plain stitched one
Would be fine. I’d like to have hirsehide but not necessary. I’d also like to buy from someone who accepts PayPal as I have money sitting in there.

I have a couple Wilderness Tactical belts and like them fine. I need a good leather one.

Any suggestions? Ranger style or not?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Did you look at this thread: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3230061522

I don’t know about paypal, but I know our own countryboy (www.rgrizzleleather.com) does beautiful work. The Beltman (www.thebeltman.net) also makes a nice belt. Additionally, while I haven’t yet sampled his wares, I have noticed that Armour Belts (https://armourbelts.com/) frequently gets rave reviews here.

Truly, one is spoiled for choice on fine leather at SIGforum.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Can recommend The Beltman.

Beltman horsehide belts

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d also like to buy from someone who accepts PayPal as I have money sitting in there.

Why don't you just transfer the money out to an account?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nightengale.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have a belt from R. Grizzle. It's about 6 years old and it's excellent. I have heard good things about Beltman belts also. I went with the one I have becasue it matches the holsters I get from him.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Near the end of Compiled List of Gunleather, Gun Holster and Gunbelt Makers is a list of Gunbelt makers.

The Beltman and Armour Belts are both very popular here on SF.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a "Next" belt. They make it in nylon or leather. Be sure the back of the buckle is marked "G" for use with their gunbelt.

Great product. Enables me to carry a 5 inch all steel 43 oz pistol in comlete comfort, IWB or OWB. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Beltman horsehide belts

Another vote for The Beltman.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying on the Magpul Tejas belt for a couple years now. I'm pretty happy with it.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Love my Armour gun belt. Got one for my dad too.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Love my Armour gun belt. Got one for my dad too.

Love mine as well, got one for my wife too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Beltman horsehide belts

Another vote for The Beltman.

And ANOTHER vote for The Beltman.
By far the nicest and most robust leather carry belt I’ve ever owned.
(Plus he’s 45 minutes down the road Big Grin)

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
We've answered this question dozens of times.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I have a belt from R. Grizzle. It's about 6 years old and it's excellent. I have heard good things about Beltman belts also. I went with the one I have becasue it matches the holsters I get from him.

R. Grizzle every day.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker leather made mine, just love it, want another.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I am guessing no one is using a Ranger style belt? After looking at it more, it seems that placing a belt holster and mag holder on and off may be a problem with the Ranger style.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Love mine as well, got one for my wife too.
Good trade.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have several Bigfoot Gunbelts. After my first one, I saw no reason to buy any other brand.

http://gunbelts.com/

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Thanks everyone. I am guessing no one is using a Ranger style belt? After looking at it more, it seems that placing a belt holster and mag holder on and off may be a problem with the Ranger style.
By Ranger belt, do you mean the:
  • nylon harness-like belts such as Wilderness' Original Instructor's Belt
  • leather Western style belt like the Texas Rangers used to wear

If it's the first, I rarely ever wear it for CCW but I do wear it at the range. Got too fat for my Wilderness, but I surprisingly like the Uncle Mike's just as well.

If it's the 2nd, it isn't my style but I suspect the Cowboy action shooters have a preference.

As far as my EDC belts:
  • I have a leather Beltman from the original owner. 8+ years old and saw a ton of use its first 5 years. Has held up well and is a darn good belt.
  • In May 2016, I bought 2 Armour belts. A 1.25" wide belt I wear every day to work but have only carried a gun with it a few times. A 1.5" wide embossed belt that I wear on weekends and evening and it's my primary carry belt. Both are fantastic and slightly prefer over Beltman.
  • In 2017, I bought a pair of Lucchese full quill ostrich boots and decided I needed a belt to go with it. In May '17, I bought an Armour Belt with full quill ostrich inlays. I only wear once or twice a month but I really like it and get tons of compliments.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post