SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Driver in deadly hit-and-run crash says 'accidents happen,' and 'people hit and run people all the time'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driver in deadly hit-and-run crash says 'accidents happen,' and 'people hit and run people all the time' Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
This is big news around here. We can only hope his statements to Boston 25 News is admissible in court - beginning at his arraignment.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
This is big news around here. We can only hope his statements to Boston 25 News is admissible in court - beginning at his arraignment.

Don’t know why it wouldn’t; be made utterances while not under interrogation. Should be completely admissible.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15565 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Think about the kids you see in that video, listening to this guy blow off killing someone. At least they'll see what happens to him- arrest, trial, conviction. Otherwise, the message is taking someone's life is no big deal. You can talk about it like you're telling someone what you had for dinner last night. Incredible and shameful.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only surprising thing about this is the on camera statement. As a cop I saw a lot of people how simply did not care or have the least empathy for others.
Example from my own family:
At age 13, my brother, driving unlicensed flipped his best friend out of the back of a pickup truck and killed him. I asked my brother how he felt about killing his friend. He shrugged his shoulders and said "accidents happen". Zero remorse or responsibility.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Oh please let him be charged, and please let him get a hard ass judge that has zero tolerance for his attitude.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Chances are, he will be back on the screets in no time!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
That guy is too stupid to understand. Listening to him...he had no other options than run down a pedestrian or crash? Was his brake broken?

I hope he’s charged, convicted and sent to prison for a long time.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
That guy is too stupid to understand. Listening to him...he had no other options than run down a pedestrian or crash? Was his brake broken?

I hope he’s charged, convicted and sent to prison for a long time.

It’s not his brakes that are broken. Away from society is exactly where this human turd belongs.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15565 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to believe more and more in the Star Chamber and Charles Bronson.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know many, many people like this asshole from my days working in prison. Prison has no effect on them, it's just "the man" keeping them down. They will never have a concept of right and wrong; as my old boss (who was an Atlanta hostage) used to say, "He ain't got no do-right in him." The only thing that will modify his behavior temporarily, are rapid, repeated applications of a sap. The end of an old firehose, sealed and filled with lead shot, works well, or so I am told.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If you've time enough to beep you've time enough to brake. Asshole.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post