SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird computer problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird computer problem Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
First of all, I use google chrome.

When I open a thread the text in the title turns red as it always has. After a while I get tired of trying to find a thread that I've been following so I used to run Ccleaner and it would wipe out everything and return the text to black. The free version of Ccleaner quit doing that so I started using the tool in Chrome to delete cookies and browsing history.

The problem I'm having is that it will clear everything except a few thread titles that remain in red. The President Trump, John McCain and Weird Police Shooting threads will not clear. No biggie, but it's bugging the hell out of me. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a loose ground?

I got nothin.

Posts: 1350 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Were those threads open when you cleared the history?

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Check your points. That gap has to be just right.

Seriously, I realize I'm no help, but is there some reason you need to use Chrome? I find there are better solutions, at least for me.

Also, try removal of your history and settings in another browser, like Fire/Water Fox. That may at least help you diagnose the problem. Mark6 might be on the right track, though.

Sorry, other than that I got nothing.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

I just tried it with one of the threads open, no joy.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

I just tried it with one of the threads open, no joy.

Maybe I have this wrong, but I think you were supposed to clear it with the threads in question Not opened. Close SigForum, and try when Chrome is on a different site, maybe.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
You can simply delete the Sigforum cookie if you feel you need do that to clear it indicating the threads you've read.

Deleting all your cookies to accomplish this simple task is a bit of overkill.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
First of all, I use google chrome.

When I open a thread the text in the title turns red as it always has. After a while I get tired of trying to find a thread that I've been following so I used to run Ccleaner and it would wipe out everything and return the text to black. The free version of Ccleaner quit doing that

I use the free CCleaner and it has individual settings for each browser it finds on your PC. If you check 'Internet History' it should turn all links back to 'never visited' status. I would suggest updating to the most recent version, and verifying the check-boxes for Chrome include 'Internet History' and giving that another whack.

If you have a browser open, it will ask you to close it (which you should do if you want CCleaner to address that browser's stuff) and then click OK.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Problem solved. I was just deleting cookies from the last week. When I changed the time frame to "the beginning of time", it cleared everything.