SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The weekend lunch you would gladly drive 16 miles (one way) to enjoy
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The weekend lunch you would gladly drive 16 miles (one way) to enjoy Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Atlanta Highway Seafood Market hands down.

https://atlantahighwayseafood.com/our-menu/

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My closest fast food is 16 miles away.
So we have to drive over 30 miles one way for something decent.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I live roughtly half way between Petersburg and Richmond VA,

lots of good eats in both towns, each is more than 16 miles from my house,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
NY style deli right outside Cleveland...

Corky & Lenny's

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deeds Not Words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
We would fly the plane to Santa Barbara, walk from the airport down to the beach for a swim, shower off and dress, then hit the Beachside Cafe for calimari sandwiches and ice tea, walk back up to the airport and fly back to San Diego.

I would do that every chance I got.

The stories you share point to an amazing life — I tip my hat good Sir and thank you for causing one to draw pause and thanks routinely!
Very respectfully,
Jon

Navy BMD: When "Aim High" isn't High Enough!

Posts: 62 | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Lancaster Pa to Lavalette NJ for Spicy Crab Chowder at the Crabs Claw Inn. About 160 miles one way. Did it twice, once with a friend in a car, and once solo on my motorcycle.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Danzer's on the north side of Syracuse circa mid '60s. Hell I'd drive TWO hours for them.

Current circumstances would be the Colonial House in Rapid City. Great food.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Blind Tiger brewery is 45 minutes from my home. I will drive to that restaurant and enjoy amazing beer and dinner at any opportunity.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
I have been known to drive from New Orleans to Memphis for BBQ.

Whenever we visit my Hometown of Warren PA we drive to Jamestown NY (about 27 miles one way) or sometimes Kane PA (about 30 miles one way) to eat "Texas Hots" (tenderized hot dogs with a Greek sauce similar to hot dog chili), mustard, and minced onion.

quote:
Got there, got out of the car, was walking toward the restaurant, when I felt my buttock and realized I had left the wallet home. And, wifey had nothing with her, either.

Been there done that, which is why I now have a small safe in each car that has some cash and a credit card. Wink

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
If 16 miles were 16 minutes, yes. In Austin that may be 30 ~ 45 minutes one way.... Frown

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
15.6 miles from my front door.

Pho Bac

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post