SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wisconsin woman 'body slams' suspect 'viciously' attacking officer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wisconsin woman 'body slams' suspect 'viciously' attacking officer Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
There is still a glimmer of hope Wink

An off-duty medical assistant in Wisconsin came to the rescue of two officers with the Portage Police Department who were “viciously attacked” while attempting to arrest a man who violated his parole, authorities said.

Officer Brian Lowenhagen and Sgt. Eric Walters were attempting to arrest the suspect, later identified as 21-year-old Jacob R. Hellenbrand, outside of a convenience store on Sunday when a woman who was with him punched Loewenhagen “numerous times,” according to the police department.

As Sgt. Walters attempted to restrain the woman, identified as 21-year-old Olivia J. Boomsma, the “male was able to blade his body toward Sgt. Walters and forcefully kick Sgt. Walters on the right side of his face and head,” according to the police department.

The kick was so forceful Walters lost consciousness.

Around that same time, an off-duty medical assistant who had stopped in the convenience store on her way home came to the rescue.

Divine Savior Hospital employee Vanessa Guerra ran toward the officers after she noticed Walters had fallen unconscious. As she was checking on him, the “female suspect was beginning to fight with Officer Loewenhagen again and was yelling about having a knife in her pocket," police said.

That’s when Guerra “disregarded her own safety to help protect the officers,” the police department explained. She “body-slammed” Boomsma against a wall and “held her there until Sgt. Walters resumed consciousness and was able to handcuff the female," the station added.

“I'm in the medical profession. When you get into that mode, you're there for your patients, you're there for the person that you see in need. And that's what you do,” the medical assistant later told WKOW.

Portage Police Chief Manthey of the Portage Police Department thanked Guerra for her bravery, WKOW reported. Manthey declined to further comment on the incident when contacted by Fox News on Friday.

Hellenbrand and Boomsma are both facing felony charges for battery to a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest, according to the police department.

A spokesperson for Divine Savior Hospital was not immediately available for comment when contacted by Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...icer-police-say.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Now that is an empowered woman. Love her.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
Good for her!

http://www.wkow.com/story/3796...tage-police-officers

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Divine Savior Hospital
Aptly named hospital. Good for Vanessa Guerra for intervening.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sweet

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I’d like to buy her a steak and a beer. Bravo!

That’s how we roll here. Our ER staff is top notch and we take care of each other.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
As a medical assistant, I would assume she's probably quite familiar on how to restrain people. Patients aren't always easy to deal with.

Was Hellenbrand trained in martial arts or something? To be able to land a head kick isn't something that most people can just do.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
She has a good bedside manner. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
As a medical assistant, I would assume she's probably quite familiar on how to restrain people. Patients aren't always easy to deal with.

Was Hellenbrand trained in martial arts or something? To be able to land a head kick isn't something that most people can just do.

I would asssume he wasn’t standing upright fully but instead in some state of crouched or bent.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The miscreants:

The hero:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:
I’d like to buy her a steak and a beer. Bravo!

That’s how we roll here. Our ER staff is top notch and we take care of each other.

Damn right, me too.

Thanks for the reminder Mrs Guerra that there are still good people out there. 95% would just take out their phone and video it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do two skinny runt-punks overpower and beat down two police officers?

My only guess is that the arresting officers were trying to take a passive approach to avoid being the subjects of the 6-oclock anti-LEO news segment.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
How do two skinny runt-punks overpower and beat down two police officers?

My only guess is that the arresting officers were trying to take a passive approach to avoid being the subjects of the 6-oclock anti-LEO news segment.

My thoughts exactly. Wtf?

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post