SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photobucket,WHAT?????

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Photobucket,WHAT????? Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
We have seeing this lately about Photophucket Wink raising the money stakes HIGH! Bullsh@t!! What or who is everyone going with for third party sharing?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Imgur

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dude, come on now....

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8270084624

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Long tread about it.

I use postimage.org myself.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Dude, come on now....

Man it was in the middle of the first page. Who's got time for all that scrolling?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Imgur

It seams all these image hosting sites have a no go statement in their terms page, this is from Imgur:

"... Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrw:
It seams all these image hosting sites have a no go statement in their terms page, this is from Imgur:

"... Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."
Yes, unless you're paying for hosting you're stealing bandwidth. Sorry, I couldn't think of a way to sugar-coat it. Why these sites don't protect from hot-linking from the get-go is confusing. Maybe they are relying on the money grab during their death throes.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

Yes, unless you're paying for hosting you're stealing bandwidth. Sorry, I couldn't think of a way to sugar-coat it. Why these sites don't protect from hot-linking from the get-go is confusing. Maybe they are relying on the money grab during their death throes.

Really dumb question, if you're not using it to host a picture to post somewhere, what is the purpose of their service?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Really dumb question, if you're not using it to host a picture to post somewhere, what is the purpose of their service?
A repository.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Take a look at PostImage.
  1. It's free. FREE!

2. When you upload a picture to it, you are offered the opportunity to resize the picture. Some sizes specifically state that they are suitable for websites, bulletin boards, etc.
PostImage really makes it easy to host images for posting. The only thing that I have found to date that I can't do, is host my avatar, but there are other options for that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
So many members of the FSA. Wink

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The only thing that I have found to date that I can't do, is host my avatar, but there are other options for that.

I saw another comment about this in one of the other "Photobucket Sucks" threads. I don't understand what the problem is. I have my avatar on Postimage and it works just fine. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The only thing that I have found to date that I can't do, is host my avatar, but there are other options for that.

I saw another comment about this in one of the other "Photobucket Sucks" threads. I don't understand what the problem is. I have my avatar on Postimage and it works just fine. . .

You must be the only one. Maybe because it's a gif?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post