SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's a good weeknight chicken tender recipe?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's a good weeknight chicken tender recipe? Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all,

The grocery store usually has chicken tenders at a decent price and the family likes them, but breaded and baked tenders are kinda boring. Any suggestions for recipes I can throw in the oven or cook on the stove during weeknights after work? Thanks for the help!

Chris

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Not much to it. Make an egg wash, throw some all purpose flower and some panko into a gallon zip lock bag with whatever spices trip your trigger. Drag tenders through egg wash, drop in bag and shake, then either fry on stove top or lay out on a baking sheet and bake.

As for spices, one to try is the dry ranch dressing ingredient packets meant to make dressing from. Add that into your flour and panko bag.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Stir fries are quick and a change of pace from nuggets.

Here's one, but a Google search will turn up dozens of variation.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/223382/chicken-stir-fry/

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Pecan meal in with the flour really adds a nice touch.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Do you like Thai?

Slow cooker. Add:
2 lbs tenders (can be fried if you like).
2 cups chicken stock
1 bag frozen californa mix (Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower)
1 bag frozen green beans
(sometimes I add a can of baby corn)
2 cloves of garlic minced.
1 box hot S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix.
1 can Coconut milk.
Optional: sliced Mushrooms

Step 1: Everybody in the pool! Except Mushrooms and Coconut milk. Cook on low for 6 hours
Step 2: Add mushrooms and coconut milk and turn to Hi for 1 hour.

Serve over rice.
Serve with Naan bread.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I take the tenders and pan fry without any oil until they are almost cooked through, in other description just white inside.

In a crock pot I add barbecue sauce, onions and sometimes green pepper finely chopped. I prefer Montgomery Inn Barbecue Sauce but in a pinch I'll use Sweet Baby Ray's. Montgomery Inn is more watery, Sweet Baby Ray's is thicker with a better chance of getting harder and more gooey if that makes any sense.

Crock pot it for several hours on low. When cooked I shred the chicken with a large serving spoon if it has not shredded by itself at this point. Serve on hamburger buns but sometimes I have found some specialty bake and serve rolls at my local Kroger that make a nice change.

BTW, the only place I have found the Montgomery Inn brand sauce is at Kroger stores.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Stir fries are quick and a change of pace from nuggets.

Here's one, but a Google search will turn up dozens of variation.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/223382/chicken-stir-fry/

^^^THIS^^^

Also, fajitas are quick and easy.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
We toss baked/breaded chicken tenders in hot Buffalo wing sauce. Oh my, they’re anything but boring Smile Serve with veggies and blue cheese or ranch dressing. Or tater tots!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
give the tenders a 24 hour brine in the fridge, just water,salt,garlic. Take out of fridge hour before cook time let come close to room temp. low flames on the gas grill.
at about 80% done cover in the bbq sauce of your choice, grill until sauce caramelizes I prefer Carolina Gold style mustard sauce. Some mashed potatoes and garlic bread on the side with more sauce for dipping.

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
This thing is pretty good at breading many items well without making a big mess. Makes sense if you are cooking for more than two or wanting leftovers.

The karmanator 'tube it' link isn't working:

https://youtu.be/2o2IybIu3x4

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Buy some hamburger buns. Take tenders, pound with tenderizing mallet until flattened. Throw on grill and sear each side until it stops being translucent. Slap cheese on, remove from grill. Place inside bun. Add condiments/veggies, eat.

Super easy recipe. Spruce it up by adding S&P before grilling or your favorite chicken seasoning.

Other options include using a frying pan instead of grill, or flat top/foreman grill.

Super easy chicken sandwiches.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post