New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Higgins Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
John Hillerman has gone on to Valhalla. RIP.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/p...lerman-has-died/amp/

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Dang! Truly some sad news there. RIP.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
damn...

was just watching some re-runs of Magnum on ECLAS the other day...

he was a really good character actor

RIP Mr. Masters

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
So sad to read this.

R.I.P. Higgins.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Zeus....Apollo....Patrol!

RIP Higgy Baby

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Zeus....Apollo....Patrol!

RIP Higgy Baby

Yes sir!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Dammit. My wife and I just finished watching all of Magnum from start to finish last month.

We both grew up in hawaii. I’m actually in two episodes as an extra in crowds

Hillerman was a class act. As were all the actors. They were very involved in the community and I met them several times as a kid mainly because of baseball, and some charity events

It sucks when the icons of your youth die

RIP, Mr Hillerman. One of My best memories of my childhood was watching magnum with my dad after he got sick and seeing all the places on the island we used to go. That show had enormous impact on my life. We are diminished. He will be missed

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
RIP.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I just saw that. Damn. What a wonderful character.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, Howard Johnson is gone.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Oh my god Magnum". RIP SGM Higgins. Another classic actor gone. Prayers and Smoke from Kansas.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a Laurel and Hearty Handshake, Mayor Johnson:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I developed a taste for Brandy watching Higgins drink it on Magnum PI.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
RIP.... watched the first episode this week. Still loved his character after all these years.

Rest in Peace Higgins Confused

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved his character in Magnum PI. He was younger than I thought. so sad he is gone. Rest in peace

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to watch High Plains Drifter again, IMDB says he was a bootmaker. RIP Higgins.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The thought of them trying to do a remake of this iconic series probably broke his heart.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Always liked him in Magnum and watched it all the time.
My sister raised Chow dogs and her male was named Magnum so when she gave me a puppy I named him Higgins.

RIP Higgins

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
He was perfect as "Higgins"

May he rest in peace.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Magnum P.I. was one of my brother and I's favorite TV shows growing up. I loved when Higgins would go off on his story telling about being in the regiment. A classy and brilliant actor. Rest in peace and God bless, sir.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post