SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Better tires for 4Runner Trail?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better tires for 4Runner Trail? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a Colorado ZR2 that comes stock with Goodyear Duratracs. Awesome in the white stuff and off-road. Laughs at sand, mud, boulders. If you don’t do a lot of off-roading go with the KO2’s. If you want really good off-road performance Duratracs Rule.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. Now off to look at some prices.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Cooper At/3 or STT's depending on your on vs off road. They beat out K02's in road noise and tread life by a large margin.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I was researching tires for my Jeep Commander.
The Kumho rated near the top on Tire Rack ( 2nd as I remember) and they were inexpensive compared to the other tires.
10 ply side wall.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Goodyear Duratrac or Silent Armor, I have 50k+ on mine and they are nearing replacement time.

They are very good in snow, ok in wet and the kevlar really helps...no flats in 100k+ miles(Rover and Xterra) and while I certainly don't rock craw they are not babied

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Falken Wildpeak AT3W are excellent. Basically a direct competitor to Wrangler Duratracs which are also very good but wear a little quickly.

I used to run the Duratracs on a personal vehicle as well as work vehicles that see high mileage and year round off-road use (Sheriff's Office/Search and Rescue) in rocky and sometimes snowy terrain. Very good tires.
I switched to the Falken Wildpeaks now for work and personal and they are just as good for traction and cut resistance but cheaper and seem to last longer. They are quieter on the roadway due to the outer lugs not being spaced quite as far apart as the Duratrac.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post