SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bedside quick access firearms, what do you use?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedside quick access firearms, what do you use? Login/Join 
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
HK VP9 with TLR-1 and 2 mags in a Vaultek Pro. Fingerprint, PIN, phone or key can open. Controls are backlit and illuminate as your hand approaches.

Vaultek

Posts: 1628 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are the only ones in the house. No kids here any more, so I'm not worried about somebody in the house picking up a gun. My wife certainly won't touch mine -- she has her own.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I still use my old Simplex 5 button lock PistolPal handgun vault for my nightstand gun. It is no longer in production, but any Simplex lock vault should be good to go (no batteries to go dead). I bought mine 26 years ago to insure my then brand new to me 14 year old step son could not access it in my absence.

I only keep it locked these days when the grandkids are visiting.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
You might reconsider placing your shooter in the drawer of the bedside table. One time a playful cat startled my wife in the middle of the night. I was awakened by my wife’s screaming. I rushed to retrieve my pistol from the drawer of the antique nightstand, but the drawer refused to slide smoothly open. I came within a whisker of turning that night stand into kindling.
In the future, nothing will ever be between us and easy reach of our shooters.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
G19 on the bedside table, coachgun on hooks behind headboard, my AR pistol in the corner.

The G19 goes with me when I get dressed, the coachgun stays there all by itself and the AR goes into the safe when I leave the house.

Spare bedroom has a Gunvault-micro for the guests who visit...

and there is one by the front door cabinet for the pistol there....

not worried about the revolver by the door or the coachgun getting stolen, they can be replaced-family members cannot.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
EDC on side of Bed, 12 ga with folding stock at head of bed. At the other end of motorhome a strategically placed 92sf. None of it is easily seen but are easy to access. I do not have to worry about young kids having access.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
One time a playful cat

Easy, get rid of the cat.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
For quick access, I use the top of my night stand. No problem with leaving it there, because I never do, I take it with me. Always!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
One time a playful cat

Easy, get rid of the cat.

The cat belonged to someone else within 48 hours. After 29 years, no gun I might need in a hurry is kept in a drawer.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I have a stainless p229 40 loaded with Winchester Ranger JHP. Probably will do the job if ever needed

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt New Agent .45acp on the night stand. I live alone, but when I go out everything gets locked up in a secure closet, except what I OC/CC carry.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A Sig 225 is right close. There is an AR not much farther away.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I used to have a Fort Knox handgun safe/box attached to my bottom bed rail just to keep the kids in the house away from my defense pistol. No more kids in the house and no more Fort Knox. Except for my defense firearms, all others are stored in my main safe.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I used to have a Fort Knox handgun safe/box attached to my bottom bed rail just to keep the kids in the house away from my defense pistol. No more kids in the house and no more Fort Knox. Except for my defense firearms, all others are stored in my main safe.

I have something similar to that, just not Fort Knox, attached to the bed frame. I keep a pistol with a light/laser on it there. Everything else stays in the big safe in the other room, unless a disturbance in the force tells me to take a shotgun out. I take the pistol out of the bed frame box when I get home from work and it stays with me until I leave for work the next day.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 27 with Black Talons in the headboard with a good flashlight.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legion 9mm in drawer by me. Just wife and I. AR 15 back up. Plenty rounds for zombies with red dot.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have an electronic keypad drawer safe in my nightstand drawer. I have it bolted to the drawer, mainly so it doesn't move when I open/close the drawer.

I keep my old issued P220 with a couple of mags and a Surefire LED 9P.

I have three kiddos and would rather have that combination not only for securing the weapon and making me be sorta awake to open it.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Glock 20 and a 12 gauge.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My defensive pistol get put on top of my night stand when I go to bed. When it's not there, it's either on my hip or locked in my car if I must disarm.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FAS1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I'd like to have a easy access bedside pistol, but my concern is having it locked up when I'm not at home. I have a standard night stand and dresser but I'd rather not mount the safe to something that could be easily carried out of the house if it were broken into when I'm not home.

What do you use and where is it mounted?

Lots of people buy handgun safes just meant to keep their kids out. FAS1 safes are designed to buy you a little more time in case theft is also a concern (7GA steel plate construction). I keep a home defense handgun in mine all the time, so I want a little more theft protection. I am also not a fan of electronics of any kind when it comes to storing my self defense weapon.

Quote from a FAS1 customer:
"Wanted to let you know that a few weeks ago we had a burglary and the dude found the FAS1 by my bed and it appears he tried to pry it open and failed. He got away with plenty of stuff, and the stack on security cabinet didn't keep him from some of my long guns... but he didn't get my pistols, thanks in part to your product."

This was bolted to the floor with concrete anchors next to his bed.

Posts: 55 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post