SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bedside quick access firearms, what do you use?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedside quick access firearms, what do you use? Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted
When I say what do you use, I'm referring mainly to storage locations/safe types. I'd like to have a easy access bedside pistol, but my concern is having it locked up when I'm not at home. I've found some good quick access safes, but I'm not sure where to mount them. I have a standard night stand and dresser but I'd rather not mount the safe to something that could be easily carried out of the house if it were broken into when I'm not home.

What do you use and where is it mounted?

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I keep a shotgun under my bed and a pistol and flashlight on my nightstand. Neither are locked up. The pistol and flashlight are in a book made for hiding valuables. I want quick access to either firearm without trying to unlock something while half asleep. All other firearms are secured in my safe.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a couple different firearms secured in different ways in the bedroom. One I’ll share about is the bedside pistol.

It’s secured in a FAS1 box, lagged to the bed frame, which is secured in the rail slots by screws with a rare screw head/bit. In other words, it would suck to try to take the box quickly but it provides immediate access to a HD pistol. No batteries to fail.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Your not going to deter real theft with anything like this. They are really more about keeping those you want to keeps firearms away from who are not necessarily nefarious. Children, drunk friends.....that ONE cousin or uncle we all have etc.

You might deter a quick smash and grab but not much more.

Thank you however for taking steps to secure your firearm.

I like Vline stuff.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 at immediate bedside within easy reach.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
M&P 9mm 17rd mag with streamlight in holster on one of those between mattress & box springs holder thingys.
Mossy 500 in closet.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
CZ75 pre-B. Drawer bedside stand, chamber loaded.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I have a pistol and an AR next to my side of the bed. The pistol is my EDC so it follows me around, and the AR goes in a nearby safe when I'm away from home. I didn't want "extra" guns for such purposes, so I didn't want dedicated secured storage bedside. I already have a safe in the same room when security is needed. I've no time for security in an emergency.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Like cslinger I like V-Line safes for this. I have this one mounted inside the middle drawer of my nightstand. As mentioned it’ll stop a casual smash and grab, but beyond that it’s not super secure. It’s more about keeping little hands away from it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
https://products.fas1safe.com/...uctId=1&categoryId=1

Lagged to the wall.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
870 clipped to my bed rails. My EDC P250 is on the nightstand when I sleep. On my dresser and cabled to it, is a 3 gun strongbox that I use for handguns I want to secure but don't want to put in my safe.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rexles:
M&P 9mm 17rd mag with streamlight in holster on one of those between mattress & box springs holder thingys.

Same here. Bed holster. Made of Kydex and holds my Glock 21 with TLR-3 and a spare magazine.

Just me and my cat here. When I leave, it goes in the safe.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
1911 in the nightstand drawer, 6920 next to the bed, and an 870 next to the dresser.

If for some reason I'm run out of the bedroom, I have at least one firearm in every room in my home and one by each door.

My place would be a really bad choice to try to enter uninvited.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
P928 9MM and P226 .40 in safe next to bed. 3 Clips each .

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Handgun sized Gun Vault is next to the head of my bed on the floor. I drilled a small hole through the bed frame for the cable. We have a 7yo in the house, so some type of “security” is required. I’d like a faster solution and something for one the AR’s or the soon to be 870 SBS, but I’m not sure what that looks like right now.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
https://products.fas1safe.com/...uctId=1&categoryId=1

Lagged to the wall.
\

That looks perfect. I think I'll order one of those.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A 1911 is never far away. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
quote:
Originally posted by rexles:

Same here. Bed holster. Made of Kydex and holds my Glock 21 with TLR-3 and a spare magazine.

You put your cat in the safe ? Smile

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

You put your cat in the safe ? Smile

Big Grin
I read my reply after I originally posted it, and told myself it could be construed either way. Glad to see I was right about you guys.

No, in my absence, gun goes in the safe, and guard cat patrols the house.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
If for some reason I'm run out of the bedroom, I have at least one firearm in every room in my home and one by each door.

My place would be a really bad choice to try to enter uninvited.

Well,at least if I wasn’t I can arm myself as soon as I’m in!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post