SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sunday funny
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sunday funny Login/Join 
posted
A raggedy man approached a farmhouse and greeted the farmer asking, "I'm a weary gypsy traveler and I was wondering if I could do some work on your farm in exchange for being able to sleep the night in your barn."

The farmer shook his head and said, "There's no need for you to stay in the barn, be my guest, I have a spare room, and you don't need to do anything--"

"But I insist, there must be some kind of work I can do--"

"No," insists the farmer. "The lord asks of me to look out for weary travelers such as yourself and treat them as I would a family member."

The gypsy was served a nice dinner, spent the night, woke up and was served breakfast and he was adamant, "I must do something in exchange for such kindness."

"No, really, there's no need. You stayed and you can be on your way, there's no work that needs to be done." The farmer replies.

"How about this," the gypsy says, "as a Gypsy, I know how to talk to the animals..."

The farmer looks at his wife and gives her a look as if to say, this guy is nuts.

"Anyway, let me go talk to the animals and we'll be squared away."

The farmer shrugs, thinking the guy is a bit nuts, and finally says, "Fine. Go ahead."

Thirty minutes passes and the Gypsy comes to the front porch and says, "I talked to the plow horses and they were complaining that the new bit you put in their mouths is cutting into their mouth, making it hard for them to pull as much weight. They preferred the oval--"

"Woah," the farmer exclaims. "I did change the bit. No problem, I'll switch them back."

"And, I talked to the cows, and they were noting that the milk pump was set to 34 pumps per minutes and its very uncomfortable. They liked it better when it was 26 pumps--"

"Wow, I can't believe it." The farmer turned to his wife and said, "I actually did change the frequency on the pump." He turned back to the gypsy and nodded. "I'll switch it back."

The gypsy shuffled his feet for a second, looking a bit uncomfortable and said, "And I was talking to the sheep--"

"Those sheep are damned liars! Whatever they said, it isn't true!!!"

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post