SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a Jeep Renegade?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a Jeep Renegade? Login/Join 
posted
Anybody have one of these. I thought they were kind of ugly at first, but I realized they have great off road performance and good gas economy.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Were talking about the "Jeep" built on a Fiat 500 frame right?

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I wish it would lose the X's on the tail lights. They remind me of dead people or animals in cartoons with X's in their eyes. Razz

Posts: 27839 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of information and real world experience here:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com

I was active there for awhile until some details of the features began to turn me off.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're looking at the Renegade, you might want to check out the new Compass (released last month). It is bigger, looks a ton better (IMO), gets better gas mileage, and is supposed to perform even better than the Renegade offroad. If you are looking for off-road performance, defimitely look at the Trailhawk models.

I just bought a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk in January (their bigger brother). I was going to wait for the Compass, but decided that I wanted the bigger V6 engine offered in the Cherokee as well as the better crawl ratio and mechanical locking diff. Whatever the case, nothing in their segments can compete with them off-road wise with Subarus coming in at a distant 2nd.

If buying used, you may want to avoid 2014-2015 models (the new 9-speed tranny was having problems when first released). If you buy new, you can buy a Mopar lifetime warranty within the first 12 months/12k miles.

The new Compass:

Posts: 427 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I wish it would lose the X's on the tail lights. They remind me of dead people or animals in cartoons with X's in their eyes. Razz

This.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
From what I understand the "X" taillights were used because its so often found on the side of interstates and side roads dead. Its built on the 500L frame which is built in the same factory the YUGO was built in way back in the 80's

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised to see all of the trashing...

Nearly every youtube review gives it high marks (there is one bad one that I have found). I test drove one yesterday and found it to be a decent vehicle for the money. I currently have a 2012 Liberty... love/hate relationship with it.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
I'm surprised to see all of the trashing...

Nearly every youtube review gives it high marks (there is one bad one that I have found). I test drove one yesterday and found it to be a decent vehicle for the money. I currently have a 2012 Liberty... love/hate relationship with it.

The Fiat 500/500L pretty consistently ranked very poorly with its owners now thats the 500/500L but the same basic car is the Renegade. So it might be better.

I have a Frontier which is ranked as pretty hated with its owners. I love mine. Only issue was a window regulator that went out (odd but a simple under warranty fix.)

Just make sure you get a good warranty for as long as you can. I know I did with mine. I personally think they look cool and love the red color they have for them.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 9 speed automatic that Chrysler is using has never impressed me in any of the stuff I've rented for work.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I test drove the Renegade a few years ago and the 9 speed tranny turned me off to that vehicle.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post