SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bosch Dishwashers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch Dishwashers Login/Join 
Picture of fiber optic
posted Hide Post
I've had a Bosch for 7 or 8 years now. The only problem I've had with it was one of the strings that connects the door to the balance springs snapped.

Learn and love and to do
What it takes to step through

Posts: 1385 | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
We have had a Bosch for about a year now that replaced a Kenmore. The Bosch does a great job at cleaning dishes and it probably the quietest dishwasher we have ever had. You can't hear it running unless you are next to it. Sometimes startles my wife when it starts draining as that is the noisiest part of the cycle.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
They don't dry very well.

This is somewhat true. They don’t dry well if you don’t use the drying agent.
As long as there is juice in the jet dry reservoir they dry very well.
JetDry is a must.
We had a Frigidaire with some special Sahara dry mode before the Bosch and the Bosch dries just as well.

quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I bought a Bosch after all the rave it gets on the forum but would never buy another. The thing stinks, literally. If it was not run within two days it would reek when you opened the door. Never had that issue with any other brand.

This is very true and I am guessing it is because the thing is sealed so tight for sound control.

I just leave our unlatched when not in use and I not longer have the smell issue.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
We have had a Bosch for about a year now that replaced a Kenmore. The Bosch does a great job at cleaning dishes and it probably the quietest dishwasher we have ever had. You can't hear it running unless you are next to it. Sometimes startles my wife when it starts draining as that is the noisiest part of the cycle.

Our experience with a Bosch is basically the same.
I'm not a handy man, but I was able to install it, the electrical box it comes with seems to be of high quality. When we had a counter top remodel, somehow during the removal and install the water hose got cracked. Had to order a new hose, about $15, but other than that, I would buy another one.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also have a Bosch, love it. Quiet and cleans well and we have not had the odor issues some report.

As to drying of the dishes, they don't have a heater mechanism to dry the dishes, and relay on the heat retained during the wash to dry the dishes. We have found that if you take the dishes out as soon as the cycle is done, there will be some damp/wet ones. We wash at night, don't open the door and leave them in the machine and empty it in the morning. Dishes are dry at that point.

Tony

Posts: 312 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bit the bullet about a year and 1/2 ago, and replaced my old POS with a Bosch 300 series. Best thing I ever did. Here is a link to what I Bosch 300 series.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
We also have a 300 series with the scoop handle, which hides the controls. It's a sleek look, but I wish we had the controls visible as I can't figure out how to interrupt the cycle without opening the door, which I presume would let water spray out.

Besides that, we're very happy with our Bosch. You do need to use a drying agent for optimum drying. And the machine does smell if you don't run it daily. We're a two-person household, so we don't fill it daily, but we've found that if we run the rinse cycle it greatly cuts down on the smell.

Finally, Bosch machines don't have a built in garbage disposal. You should take out and rinse the filter monthly to reduce odors. It's a five minute job quite easy to do.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We love our Bosch, one of the few appliance brands I have any loyalty too.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised so many love their Bosch. As for the dishwasher, okay fine. Mine has no issues but it takes a long time for a regular cycle, like 3 hours.

Refrigerator: Freezes stuff put at the rear of the fridge. The buttons for water/ice are activated by, well, I have no frickin idea but I have to push the buttons about 3 times before they will work. If hands are wet forget it. It's some sort of sensor that just doesn't work properly.

Range: Only one out of 5 burners will boil water. The rest are either too small or just too low beneath the grate to get hot enough. It's ridiculous.

Built in microwave/wall oven: Apparently made in different places. Microwave carousel falls off the grooves constantly. It's barely engaged when on properly so the slightest friction and it falls off. The clock LED on the microwave goes dim after some time, brightens when pushing buttons. But the clock LED on the oven below it is always bright. 2 control board replacements and Bosch's answer is "It's supposed to go dim on that model, but not on the oven." Because yeah, I should have to push the button to see what time it is from across the room. It's just sort of stupid.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Had kitchenaid. Friend gave me used Bosch. Cleans better and quieter.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
We bought the least expensive Bosch that had a stainless inside several years ago. No problems, quiet, cleans great.
The issue of smell; mine has a filter that needs to be washed out occasionally. Easy to do in less than a minute.
I wouldn't buy anything else at this point.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We love our 10 year old plus Bosch dishwasher. I wish all our appliances were of that quality.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding one. They are backordered forever here.

We are going with another brand rather than wait months

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We've moved a fair amount, and had vacation rental previously. Had a non-Bosch DW in the vacation rental for a while, that didn't work out. Otherwise we've bought Bosch dishwashers in 4 different homes now and are very happy with them. We have a drainage problem in our current residence, but it's related to the plumbing not the Bosch.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post