SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bosch Dishwashers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch Dishwashers Login/Join 
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted
I'm going to have to get a new dishwasher. Upper basket and side rails have melted off of the Kitchenaide. Only 6 yrs old and I can only use the bottom basket for dishes. New upper basket is $300.

For you that own or work on Bosch appliances how would you rate their durability. I know they rate high up with Kitchenaide but I am not happy with this one.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
I'm going to have to get a new dishwasher. Upper basket and side rails have melted off of the Kitchenaide. Only 6 yrs old and I can only use the bottom basket for dishes. New upper basket is $300.

For you that own or work on Bosch appliances how would you rate their durability. I know they rate high up with Kitchenaide but I am not happy with this one.

I have heard good things about Bosch. We have had a Miele for 10 years now with zero problems. I think it is in the same price range as the Bosch.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I had Bosch fridge, dw, oven/range, and microwave in my last house. Had them for 5 years and they were all great. Only one thing broke... the solenoid/actuator that switches from cube to crushed ice on the freezer. I only like cubed so I rigged it in cube position.

DW was solid and very quiet and it wasn't even one of the top of the line as far as noise. I often didn't know it was on from 12' away. Only issue we ever had with it was the little hatch where you put the detergent would occasionally not open during a wash cycle if it was really full and a dish interfered. Was tough to see that the dish was going to get in the way until it had happened.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Following. We just bought a new Bosch stainless refrigerator and love it. We are planning to renovate our 20+ year old kitchen and plan to replace all appliances with most being Bosch, and a dishwasher is one on the list so I will be interested in opinions.

STILL waiting for our new Speed Queen washer and dryer. It is taking forever with this COVID crap.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Our top end Bosch is over 10 years old. It cleans well, is very quiet and is easy to load/unload.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
They don't dry very well.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had a Bosch dishwasher for several years, the 18” wide model. We have been very satisfied with it. My wife researched brands before settling on the Bosch. There were two knocks on the Boschs, the drying (previously noted above) and the musty smell, probably related to its drying capability. Overall we still went for the Bosch, for its other attributes. After using it , we like it: it’s quiet as all get out, the drying level is ok for us, and any musty smell is minimal or we are used to it and it doesn’t really leave the washer itself.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a year old Bosch 500 series dishwasher, it's super quiet, does a really good job cleaning and drying.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
We just got a Bosch 800 series. It has the crystal dry feature and we love it. IT's quiet, has three racks, and gets the dishes super clean. Buy once, cry once.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
11 years ago we built this house. Against all advice, we mixed brands of appliances. The dishwasher is Bosch(better than the alternative, which would be me). Only had one problem, and it wasn't Bosch's fault. The builder very generously said if we can get appliances delivered by a set date, his plumber guy would install them at no charge to me. Well, he did, but didn't tighten the supply lines. He wanted to charge us on the side. That dog won't hunt.

But he left them loose. After a few months, one came loose. No way you can blame the manufacturer for that. In the same 11 years we lost the 'fridge. It was Korean, and parts weren't available. It was simple, I'll never buy anything else made there. Wife's father worked for GE, so she just went out and bought a GE. I wasn't consulted or even invited. I'm good with that.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check the height requirement for the Bosch before you buy it. They are taller than most and won't fit in every case. It wouldn't work for me.

When our not-very-old Kitchen Aid died a few years ago we wanted a Bosch but it wouldn't fit so we bought a Maytag. It was a model recommended by Appliance Brad. We have been very happy with it.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
I have one. I cleans dishes very good. Super quiet, no issues. It's about 3 years old very happy with it. Some people complain they dont fully dry dishes but it does fairly good... good enough for me.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Have mine for about 8 yrs and very happy.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We’ve got a Bosch dishwasher. We bought it in 2014 or 15, use it daily, and couldn’t be happier with it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
We just got a Bosch 800 series. It has the crystal dry feature and we love it. IT's quiet, has three racks, and gets the dishes super clean. Buy once, cry once.

I’ve had an 800 series here for a few years and I’m very happy with it thus far because it does a great job and has been trouble free. No need to rinse dishes first and as mentioned it’s very quiet.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife & purchased a Bosch a few years ago . I researched quietness & quality prior to purchase. I do not know the model but it has a stainless interior. We have had zero problems, cleans very well, & it is super quiet.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Bosch is 10 years old and still works great and is very quiet. We have an open floor plan with hardwoods, so noise in the kitchen makes watching TV in the living room difficult. You don't even notice the dishwasher running.

My only complaint is that it is very persistent in letting you know its finished and the sound is NOT quiet, nor pleasant.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Maybe consumer reports can help:

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Bosch after all the rave it gets on the forum but would never buy another. The thing stinks, literally. If it was not run within two days it would reek when you opened the door. Never had that issue with any other brand.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Had my Bosch for over 15yrs now. Quiet. Only problem is I replaced the soap dispenser door 2 yrs ago. bought the part and DIY easy.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post