SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite sandwich sausage?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite sandwich sausage? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't know that I've ever had a sausage sandwich of any type that I didn't like.

Whether it's a few slabs of liverwurst on white bread with Miracle Whip or a more complex cudighi with sauteed peppers, onions, shrooms, pizza sauce, cheese, homemade rolls, etc.... (My grandmother's were the best I've ever had, and she was Hungarian...go figure.)

They're all good!

Sausage is proof that there is a God and that God loves us.

Like Outnumbered, I've been making a lot of my own. I've perfected Italian sausage and brats, and am close on breakfast sausage (I cheat a little with Accent but still trying to find that secret ingredient to avoid the Accent). I need a good kielbasa recipe if anyone wants to contribute to the cause. I haven't tried making cudighi yet, but I see it happening soon.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
braunschweiger
I haven't had this in forever. The last time was probably Spring '16 when I still lived in Calgary. Maybe I'll swing by the HEB deli counter and snag some for lunch.

I'm about 75% English and 25% German, and the crazy thing is the 100% English side many orders of magnitude more German foods. My Grandfather wouldn't talk about WWII, but I do know he was in the European theater and I always wondered if he spent time in Germany which lead to his love of German foods.

EDIT: Swung by HEB and picked up a 1/4 lb of Boar’s Head Lite braunschweiger from their deli counter. Also, bought a new bottle of spicy brown mustard and a made in house ciabatta rolls to go with it. Absolutely delicious!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
The ONLY sausage I won’t eat is Blood Sausage. Despise the stuff. I’m a Liverwurst fan also,good dark bread and Mustard...........

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bayouman:
Boudin

Roger that. We had to go deliver some meds in New Iberia tonight. Passed too many good Boudin places but it was too late they were all close. Went from Baton Rouge to Lafayette, New Iberia to Opelousas and back home. We were hungry but too late

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Anything made with Conecuh sausage.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post