SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite sandwich sausage?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite sandwich sausage? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
For me it’s braunschweiger, hands down. Specifically Thumann’s – much better than Boar’s Head Lite braunschweiger. AFAIK, there’s no non-lite Boar’s Head braunschweiger.

I have it on German-baked pumpernickel with sweet onion, mustard, and lots of black pepper. Good!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Hot Italian sausage, preferably made at whatever deli I happen to be in. (Think Satriale's from Sopranos.) Topped with sauteed peppers and onions and crammed into a homemade bun.

Razz

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
braunschweiger

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
There is a non-lite version. Just bought some from Krogers.

Are you saying you'd eat a liverwurst sammich over brat?

I loves me some liverwurst but not over a good grilled brat or even sausage.

I have some venison hot italian sausage that's pretty damn good too.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
Boudin

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
There is a non-lite version. Just bought some from Krogers.

Me: I’ve seen Boar’s Head regular (non-lite) liverwurst, but not regular braunschweiger. Maybe depends on where you live. OTOH, I just did a web search for Boar’s Head braunschweiger, and found only the Lite version. /Me

Are you saying you'd eat a liverwurst sammich over brat?

Me: Yep, if it was the braunschweiger variety of liverwurst! /Me

<snip>

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
braunschweiger

Arnold! is that you!

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I bought the Strassburger Natural Liverwurst.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I like a good charcoaled Italian sausage on white bread with mustard.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a recipe for sausage and peppers like we used to get on the boardwalk at Seaside New Jersey.

It was a delicious spicy Italian sausage with onions and peppers in a tomato sauce on a hoggie.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Braunschweiger is a favorite, with mustard and mayonaisse on pump.

For lunch I also enjoy gelbwurst or mortadella, with cheese and crackers or homemade bread. And a pickled vegetable.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Costco food court has really good grilled Italian sausage sandwiches, with onion and pepper. $2.69

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Knackwurst.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cudighi. Its a Yooper thing.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Hungarian Salami (I like the Téli, available from Bende). When I lived in Hungary, some good white bread, a couple of slices of salami and a snip of yellow (hot) pepper would send me sailing!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes Sam's Club has these smoked sausages with Jalapenos in natural casings. Grill these and nestle in a fresh deli roll with stout mustard....awesome!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yooper Sigs is spot on. Cudaghi is mine, it's an Italian sausage made from pork and different spices. It's usually on a homemade bun , topped with some of the following. Cheese, pizza sauce, ketsup, mustard,onions, green peppers, crushed red peppers... I've never had a bad cudaghi, some are just better than others...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Interesting! From the web:

“Cudighi is a spicy Italian sausage seasoned with sweet spices that can be bought in links or served as a sandwich on a long, hard roll, often with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Although it originated in Italy, it is now primarily served in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the United States.”
– Wikipedia

An Italian speciality that’s become an Upper Peninsula speciality. Quite a twist! Probably not a surprise that I’ve never seen it in San Diego.

Serious about crackers

posted Hide Post
hvyhawler:
If you ever get down on M95, just north of Channing, stop over at Silver Lake Resort. They do a good Cudighi sandwich. A friend of mine owns the place.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Cudighi. Its a Yooper thing.

I make all of my own sausages, and did a batch of cudighi awhile back. Awesome stuff! I've had it up your way as well!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post