SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hotel recommendation for Panama City, FL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotel recommendation for Panama City, FL Login/Join 
Picture of scot818
posted
Hi guys. I'm going to the Panama City Florida area in mid October and need a few recommendations for good hotels.

My wife wants to stay at or very near the beach without breaking the bank. I imagine prices will start at $250-300+ a night. I'm made out of money but don't want to get mugged walking to the car.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If you're open to renting a condo instead, you can come out with a much nicer place for the same or less money.

anama-city-beach-florida-united-states-of-america?petIncluded=false&ssr=true&legacyRegionPath=keywords%3Cimg%20src%3D" target="_blank">Panama City Beach Condos

Otherwise, you may want to look here:

https://www.hotels.com/ho23915...d-states-of-america/

Posts: 8614 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Panama City Beach. Nice place right on the beach. I don’t remember the exact room rate, but it wasn’t bad considering the area.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. This was a recent decision (like today) to go for a short trip. We should be able to find something.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
We stayed at Boardwalk Beach Hotel, I would not recommend. The beach was great, but the accommodations leave a lot to be desired. Fridge and ac barely worked, hard wood floors sandy, doors slamming all night, no housekeeping services (although that’s typical because of Covid) limited parking.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’d do a google-maps search of the area, check reviews.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My MIL lived there until she died.
We spent a fair bit of time there.
I’d rather go to the dentist.
There are a LOT of nicer places to hang east and west of there.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post