SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Caleb Giddings goes after Paul Harrel on youtube.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caleb Giddings goes after Paul Harrel on youtube. Login/Join 
posted
Now, I knew Caleb and his now wife in passing when I lived in Seattle. Their boss Lance sent his kids to the same daycare and ymca programs I did. I frequented Lance's Westcoast Armory, and Bellevue gun club a lot. Caleb and his wife moved away from Seattle to start Gun Nuts media shortly after I moved to CT in 2011.

I never really got along with Caleb. Ok, I thought he was a dick.

On to the vids. First, because it is intelegently done and not a bat watch. Paul Harrel's rebuttal of Caleb's moronic whisky filled rant. It is an hour and six minutes long. well worth watching.

Now if you really want to torture yourself, Caleb's idiotic vid.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
I have been watching Harrell for about 2 months I find him articulate and well versed, much like Sootch or TNoutdoors , dont know that other fella...
you tube battles..lol..smh...

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL, yeah, not my thing usually. Paul's break down of the Miami gunfight sold me on his ability to parse our data and facts. He usually stays out of these kinds of fights.

Caleb though, well he stepped in the shit while swatting at the bees nest with his dick.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fan of Paul here -- he is a credit to our cause and brings a great POV

his videos are thought-provoking, informative and balanced IMO

the other guy can crawl back under his rock...

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even with all the time in the world, I don't have enough time to wade into a food fight between two internet gun experts.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the eloquent rebuttal to the annoying and self centered "Gun Nut" which is a term and title well deserved.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Gun Nuts is just trying to get subscribers and views on his YouTube channel. He’s not good enough to carry Paul’s range bag. I do wish Paul never would’ve responded.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ah, no thanks to either of these guys and their nonsense. I will find something worthwhile this am. Thank you very much. How dumb.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I watched most of Paul's video last weekend and, no, it's not a good watch.

You realize that, if you have to wait until 35 minutes INTO A 1 HOUR VIDEO to figure out what the actual point is, it's not a good video.

I respect a lot of Paul's work, but over a half hour of preamble with literally no discernable point other than the vague topic "rebuttal" is just bad communication.

I was hitting Dave Chapelle's "wrap it up" button about 10 minutes in.

Sorry, but this is not worth the watch.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I watched Paul's videos a couple of times, they seemed well put together and I like his delivery style.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've watched Paul's videos for a few years ago. I've always liked him but found this rebuttal video way too long and really unnecessary. The other guy is an idiot. He could have just ignored him.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I am a Paul Harrel fan, but I won't sit through an hour long video of his feud with Caleb Giddings.

Who is Caleb Giddings anyway? I don't recall ever hearing of him.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of Giddings and while I've heard of Harrel, I've never watched any of his videos.

I watched a few minutes of the Gidding video and while he actually has some good points, he comes across as an arrogant douche.

Watched a couple minutes of the "rebuttal". Good grief. He incurred no legal jeopardy by not responding, which is what he should have done imo. And what's with his jackets? Razz

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Paul Harrel is a gentlman and has been there and done that. His "rebuttal" was superb.

If that douche nozzle Caleb had an ounce of decency, he would issue a public apology to Mr Harrel. But I won't hold my breath waiting. After all, you can't expect much from somebody who puts ice in his whisky. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Never heard of any of these people

Posts: 107570 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I am not about to watch about two hours of videos in which grown men nitpick each other.

I can get that along with my daily COVID-19 briefing from the White House.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That Caleb guy is an absolute joke.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only watched part of Paul's rebuttal....I found it kind of boring and more importantly unnecessary. I don't need to be convinced that Paul knows what he is talking about...I'm already quite convinced !

I find him very knowledgeable and balanced. Attributes that are not always seen in the gun video community. The other guy ( Giddings) looks like a nut, I won't waste my time watching him.

Paul and Hickok 45 are my "go-to" guys when I want opinions ! mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mike28w,

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I like Paul Harrel’s videos and will continue to watch them from time to time. Caleb Giddings may run a revolver very competently but his mannerisms and attitude seem off putting.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
That caleb fella came off as an immature juvenile ass jockey. Yeah, maybe he is a better trained shooter. Cool story bro.

Clearly, Paul has a lot of info to offer to the shooting community. You should get info from here, a little info from there, some info from over there, etc. Dont get all your info from one source. Learn from Paul, learn from other shooters, learn from other trainers.

Basically, what a shit show.

Caleb should be ashamed of himself, honestly.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post