SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's been the year of rejection so far, edited: laid off today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's been the year of rejection so far, edited: laid off today Login/Join 
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
The bolded last part is what really gets me.

What the fuck type of criteria is that? My interpretation of that is that they're not looking for Asian males. They want blacks and Hispanics, if they can get a black/Hispanic woman, that's two box checks right there.
Do you realize that in all these threads you've started, you have placed blame this way, including in the threads where you were also complaining about failing polygraphs?

Maybe it's time to do a some very serious looking at what might actually be deficient in you, rather than saying you are being discriminated on based on race and gender.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:

What the fuck type of criteria is that? My interpretation of that is that they're not looking for Asian males. They want blacks and Hispanics, if they can get a black/Hispanic woman, that's two box checks right there.
Do you realize that in all these threads you've started, you have placed blame this way, including in the threads where you were also complaining about failing polygraphs?

Maybe it's time to do a some very serious looking at what might actually be deficient in you, rather than saying you are being discriminated on based on race and gender.

I understand why you're taking this position, but I know a thing or two about the agencies he's applied with and I don't think he's far off in his assumption.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9688 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:

I understand why you're taking this position, but I know a thing or two about the agencies he's applied with and I don't think he's far off in his assumption.
Even if I were inclined to believe the two agencies mentioned in this thread were discriminating against Asian males, which I'm not, he's made these comments about more than those two agencies. He's made those comments about LE hiring at multiple agencies in at least two states, his co-workers in the Army, and now two graduate schools.

His problem is NOT that Asian males are widely discriminated against, and he needs to quit blaming others for his failures, or he's unlikely to find success.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DMF,

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post