SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An 11-year-old changed election results on a replica Florida state website in under 10 minutes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An 11-year-old changed election results on a replica Florida state website in under 10 minutes Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Me thinks there were flaws set for them to find and demonstrate.
The article is just fluff.
The event is bullshit.

I had that feeling, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
A good friend runs a cyber security company and is at DEFCON now. I sent her a link and asked “Really?”

The answer “Really. Both an 11 year old girl and boy did it. Security of these devices suck. And it’s shameful—we’ve known how to fix it for over 8 years and the vendors won’t do it.”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the solution is simple

go back to paper ballots

no more electronic machines

cast a vote and count it

paper can be hacked but its much harder
And

no early voting

no same-day registration

turn off "Motor Voter"

improve control of Absentee ballots

and really clamp down on ballot accounting--it should be impossible to "find" uncounted ballots after the counting has begun

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post