SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can you get weed in the mail ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you get weed in the mail ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
I'm nearly certain USPS is a no go anywhere for MJ. Bear in mind many communities in CO don't even allow MJ sales. Further, the guy in Iowa would be in trouble here in CO for a few reasons.

1) he's below the legal age limit to purchase. You need to be 21 to possess or purchase MJ here in CO.

2) the amount of MJ is likely over the limit. Personal limits vary by recreation and medical but I'm pretty certain 5 lbs and 220 grams of wax would put you outside the limits.

It is confusing though since you can have plants in a secure area, provide only so many are flowering. I'm not sure the limits of the dry MJ but I'd be floored if you could have pounds of it legally as a rec user. I believe it's only a few ounces you can keep at one time.

Medical MJ rules are being tweaked too. I think the current law is something like 99 plants and they're looking to reduce that to 12.

Bear in my I'm only going on what I read in the news. The Denver Post has a section of their site with lots of articles for those interested.

In Co. the recreational limit in possession is 1 ounce.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

In Co. the recreational limit in possession is 1 ounce.

I believe they call that the retail limit. You can buy up to one ounce at a time and have such in your possession at one time. But it is also perfectly legal to grow plants. The limit is six plants, three flowering. Not sure on how they qualify the possession part, nor do I have any intention of finding out myself.

Frankly, the versions I've seen on the Colorado.gov site make the plant growing piece sort of ambiguous. I mean, three, full flowering plants are clearly going to produce more than 1oz of dried product.

I'm mentioning more as a question since I'm uncertain on how that works.

I get out to Conifer to the family vacation home occasionally,last time I went on the Colorado Canabis tour in Denver. The tour was quite interesting and well done.MG

It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkyOtter:
What the heck is marijuana wax?

Thank You!!! That was the one burning question I had after reading the OP. No pun intended.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkyOtter:
What the heck is marijuana wax?

Very potent.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14037 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I get out to Conifer to the family vacation home occasionally,last time I went on the Colorado Canabis tour in Denver. The tour was quite interesting and well done.MG

Might have to hit me up next time you're out and have a trip to the range and a beer. Email in my profile if you're interested.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I would point out that a lot of pot (and other illegal narcotics) moves around the country via USPS.

Yeah, and I would point out that postal inspectors and local law enforcement arrest a bunch of dumbasses on controlled deliveries around the country. And they get to do tall time in the federal system for it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
True. But they don't seem to bust enough of them to deter anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I would point out that a lot of pot (and other illegal narcotics) moves around the country via USPS.

Yeah, and I would point out that postal inspectors and local law enforcement arrest a bunch of dumbasses on controlled deliveries around the country. And they get to do tall time in the federal system for it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I talked to a fedex guy once, asking him if he was ever curious about what was in the boxes. He said not usually, unless its oddly heavy for its size or feels empty, that sort of thing. But he did mention weed - saying that the whole truck would smell like weed if there was a good-sized shipment. He said it happened a few times a year, and no one ever really did anything about it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:

Might have to hit me up next time you're out and have a trip to the range and a beer. Email in my profile if you're interested.

Sounds good , I will be out there in July for a wedding at Della Terra , but only for 2 days. I should be back late fall for an extended stay and will drop you an email. We are at 8400 ft. Thanks

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
5 lbs is a lot of weed. 1 Oz. Might get through but 5 lbs is dealer qty.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I talked to a fedex guy once, asking him if he was ever curious about what was in the boxes. He said not usually, unless its oddly heavy for its size or feels empty, that sort of thing. But he did mention weed - saying that the whole truck would smell like weed if there was a good-sized shipment. He said it happened a few times a year, and no one ever really did anything about it.

I have a buddy who works for UPS. He says the Feds occasionally borrowed the trucks to make a controlled delivery of weed. A big clue is that the Feds often are not wearing the required UPS socks. I do not know if that is true he is kind of a bullshitter.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post