SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tourist next to St Martin runway killed by jet blast
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tourist next to St Martin runway killed by jet blast Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it wasn't an accident

signs everywhere, the place has a history

how stupid do you have to be to do something that has such a history

no sympathy for her at all - she was the planner of her own demise

play stupid games and you win stupid prizes

she deserves what she got because its what she wanted

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:

Perhaps an expresso will help.

Expresso is actually the correct French spelling.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
Despite the signs, I think folks can't imagine just how powerful jet blast is. Go to 2:18, if this link messes up:

https://youtu.be/MLB0qadBPwU?t=131

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember: it wasn't an accident . . . signs everywhere . . . how stupid do you have to be . . . she was the planner of her own demise . . .

Makes sense to me. I wonder about a possible lawsuit, "you warned me, I ignored the warnings and died, but it is your fault and you owe money".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
they should sue her family for careless and reckless behavior

fortunately she has been removed from the gene pool

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

This was bound to happen. I wonder if they'll change access to that part of the beach/road because of this. It would be difficult, because that's actually an important stretch of road for the island.
I wonder if they would put up a lighting system controlled by the controllers to stop drivers on the road. Essentially control the stop lights. Plane enters the runway, turn the lights red. Plane on short final, turn the lights red. Or at least something like that.

We have control of the PPRP/Taxiway Z lights at BFI. It makes it abundantly clear when there is an aircraft departing that pavement to any vehicles on the perimeter road.

Vehicles don't seem to be the issue. Back when PTZtv.com had a webcam at the Sunset Beach Bar, I could see vehicles stop short of the aircraft's ground track and watch the aircraft fly by. Same for aircraft taking off. It's the two-legged idiots that appear to be the problem, standing directly behind and in-line of the jet's engine exhaust.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
This is obviously much closer than the fence; however, you get the idea.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
they should sue her family for careless and reckless behavior

fortunately she has been removed from the gene pool

She was upper-50s. Her genes weren't going to be further entering the gene pool from her either way.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember: it wasn't an accident . . . signs everywhere . . . how stupid do you have to be . . . she was the planner of her own demise . . .

Makes sense to me. I wonder about a possible lawsuit, "you warned me, I ignored the warnings and died, but it is your fault and you owe money".

No lawsuit. That stuff doesn't fly in the islands.

As others have said there is an abundance of warning signs.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
it wasn't an accident

Yup. Darwin is Darwin, and age has nothing to do with it. I guess I missed the memo that there's an age limit to the award.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
For all intensive purposes, your point is mute, and it's going to be a tough road to hoe getting people to stop.
I think you meant "For all intents and purposes, your point is moot, and it's going to be a tough row to hoe getting people to stop." (Or were you just putting us on?)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think you meant "For all intents and purposes, your point is moot, and it's going to be a tough row to hoe getting people to stop."

He will blame that on SIRI. {LOL}

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
For all intensive purposes, your point is mute, and it's going to be a tough road to hoe getting people to stop.
I think you meant "For all intents and purposes, your point is moot, and it's going to be a tough row to hoe getting people to stop." (Or were you just putting us on?)

flashguy

Maybe he meant to write, "For all intended purposes". Smile

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy

Yeah, AG is smarter than that.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Very sad.

All you Darwin types... I hope nothing bad ever happens to a member of your family on vacation.

----------------------------------------------------

If a member of my family stands behind a turbofan engine at full throttle, plays chicken with a train on foot, or tries to stop a .50DE with a book and die, I'd say they had it coming.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Without reading anything but the subject line and having seen the area:

Good.

Really?

Somebody surely loved that woman and she'll be missed. She was a human being.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
it wasn't an accident

Yup. Darwin is Darwin, and age has nothing to do with it. I guess I missed the memo that there's an age limit to the award.

The ability to pass on your genes is how a Darwin Award is given out. A woman in her 50s is a very unlikely candidate for a Darwin Award, she's probably already had kids, or at the very least hit menopause. If she was 19 and childless, this would be an excellent candidate for the award, but she's not, and so her death is just stupid, but not Darwin stupid.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my comment on the lawsuit was that the airport authority should sue her family

or whats left of it

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Who can blame her?
Those jets are so tiny and quiet they just sneak up on you.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post