This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1530052724

July 13, 2017, 07:52 PM
Sigmund
Tourist next to St Martin runway killed by jet blast
This is not a surprise:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/...from-nearby-jet.html

http://www.airspacemag.com/fli...-big-jets-180960365/

This is on my bucket list, though I don't feel a need to get blasted.

The runway is 7,546 feet.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/TNCM
July 13, 2017, 08:01 PM
Strambo
Morons...

I'd like to be on the beach underneath, but standing at the fence is just stupid.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
July 13, 2017, 08:07 PM
FishOn
Darwin award
July 13, 2017, 08:15 PM
ZSMICHAEL
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5330052724
July 13, 2017, 09:29 PM
Georgeair
Without reading anything but the subject line and having seen the area:

Good.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

July 13, 2017, 10:58 PM
choang3
I've done that a couple times before. I prefer sitting at the adjacent Sunset Beach Bar, though. I like watching idiots, such as myself, being blown into the water. It's especially funny when you're well liquored up. Sad for the New Zealander, though. The last thing anyone wants is to die on vacation doing something so stupid.
July 14, 2017, 05:35 AM
Blackmore
My brother has been going down to Sint Maarten twice a year for years yet has NEVER felt compelled to do that.

Truth: The New Hate Speech
July 14, 2017, 06:12 AM
Floyd D. Barber
Shouldn't the government close the beach to the public? Roll Eyes

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

July 14, 2017, 06:17 AM
MikeinNC

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
July 14, 2017, 07:27 AM
Sig209
Very sad.

All you Darwin types... I hope nothing bad ever happens to a member of your family on vacation.

----------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
July 14, 2017, 07:44 AM
airsoft guy
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Very sad.

All you Darwin types... I hope nothing bad ever happens to a member of your family on vacation.

----------------------------------------------------

Most folks don't stand behind behind a Pratt & Whitney when it spools up for takeoff on their vacation.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
July 14, 2017, 07:59 AM
229DAK
Yep. You play the stupid games, and you win the stupid f'in prizes. PTZtv used to have a webcam at the Sunset Beach Bar, and you could watch these stupid people 24/7. The REALLY stupid people did this back when KLM's 747s took off - it blew people back into the water, along with hats, shirts, coolers, etc. STUPID! They must also all be illiterate - can't read the prominent warning signs.

July 14, 2017, 08:28 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Darwin award

She was 57 years old. What does Darwin have to do with it? Christ, that term is so old and tired.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
July 14, 2017, 10:08 AM
airsoft guy
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Darwin award

She was 57 years old. What does Darwin have to do with it? Christ, that term is so old and tired.

For all intensive purposes, your point is mute, and it's going to be a tough road to hoe getting people to stop.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
July 14, 2017, 10:29 AM
Spokane228
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
quote:
Darwin award

For all intensive purposes, your point is mute, and it's going to be a tough road to hoe getting people to stop.

Perhaps an expresso will help.
July 14, 2017, 10:43 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
I prefer sitting at the adjacent Sunset Beach Bar

Me too - I've had drinks at bar, it's quite fun to get a tan as the big buses land and depart.

St Martin is always a good time. Wink
July 14, 2017, 10:45 AM
sigmonkey
quote:
quote:
Darwin award

Well, to be Frank, so was Darwin.

I always wanted to be Frank.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
July 14, 2017, 10:50 AM
ScorpionBoy
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Without reading anything but the subject line and having seen the area:

Good.

savage
July 14, 2017, 11:04 AM
BBMW
I did it. I was down on the beach, not up against the fence. If you ever want to know what it's like to be sand blasted, try it. The landings are more fun.

This was bound to happen. I wonder if they'll change access to that part of the beach/road because of this. It would be difficult, because that's actually an important stretch of road for the island.
July 14, 2017, 11:09 AM
Phantom229
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

This was bound to happen. I wonder if they'll change access to that part of the beach/road because of this. It would be difficult, because that's actually an important stretch of road for the island.
I wonder if they would put up a lighting system controlled by the controllers to stop drivers on the road. Essentially control the stop lights. Plane enters the runway, turn the lights red. Plane on short final, turn the lights red. Or at least something like that.

We have control of the PPRP/Taxiway Z lights at BFI. It makes it abundantly clear when there is an aircraft departing that pavement to any vehicles on the perimeter road.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.