SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    M&S Meats Beef Jerky
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&S Meats Beef Jerky Login/Join 
posted
Hey Gang,

I dont post much these days and I always seem to be asking for advice, but this time I have something for you.

A while back I had posted asking about your favorite jerky brands. I love whole meat jerky and really enjoy home made stuff, but dont get around to making it much these days. This stuff at M&S Meats is top notch. Exactly what I like. I'm not a fan of the soft ground up jerky that gets pushed through a tube. This is whole pieces of meat that taste amazing. Made in Montana.

So far I have tried:

Honey Jalapeno Old West Beef Jerky - I would say this is a medium heat, but great flavor. You can see the seeds all over it.

Old West Beef Jerky - I would say this is their "original" , but it definitely has more flavor than most originals.

Jalapeno Cheddar Snack Sticks - These were gone in one sitting, wish I had more, ha.

Pepper Beef Jerky - This is still unopened, so I cant say much about this one.

I have only ordered the one time, and I am not affiliated with this company in any way. It is a bit pricey, but in my opinion well worth it. They also have Elk and Buffalo, but I have not had the opportunity to try them just yet.

Give it a look.

M&S Meats

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hunter62,

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Her Rollins MT store is about 15 miles up the road from me, and occasionally stop in there on the way home from Kalispell

She looks, dresses, acts and shoots like Annie Oakley - a real character! We get our corned beef and pastrami there too.

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took your word for it and ordered 1.5 lbs. of peppered jerky, can't wait, I loves me some Jerky!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We stop in their store every time we are in the Flathead Lake area. It's impossible to walk out with less than $100 worth of their goodies. The smells in the store are intoxicating.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
For years we bought by the stick. Then the some dumb gov’t agency said this wasn’t clean enough so they began packaging it in plastic. It’s gotten crazy expensive But It’s the best jerky I’ve ever eaten - make sure you have good teeth.

There’s a new store in South Kalispell.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you folks talked me into it-I ordered 1 1/4 pounds of a variety of jerky. Hope they ship quick as I'm hungry for some.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, just finished my first order. Didn’t last a week. I think my favorite is still the honey Jalapeño, so just ordered a pound of that stuff. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have Smile

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered their trio jerky pack.

When it arrives it may last the day, but I doubt it. Smile

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
My order arrived today. I got the honey jalapeno beef jerky and it is easily some of the best tasting jerky I have ever had.

Thanks for the heads up!

JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Another outstanding place for jerky is this with over 100 flavors and varieties jerkies, including exotic jerkies, which include alligator, boar, elk, kangaroo, ostrich, venison, and more:

https://www.beefjerkyoutlet.com/hill-city

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
My order arrived today. I got the honey jalapeno beef jerky and it is easily some of the best tasting jerky I have ever had.

Thanks for the heads up!

JP

Glad you like it! This was my favorite as well. I have not tried their elk or Buffalo, but might get it next go. I just can’t stop eating this jalapeño honey stuff.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, I find it HIGHLY disagreeable to see "From $6.99" only to find that when I click the link it says $15.00

It's just damned dishonest.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't have any problem with pricing in my order and they shipped it darned quick.

I've been munching on it for a couple of weeks now and will make another order before this one is completely gone.

Thanks, OP, for tipping me off.

Bob

Edited to add: It got me in the mood for some of their Old West just by reading this thread. Satisfying that urge now. Wink

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:

Sorry, I find it HIGHLY disagreeable to see "From $6.99" only to find that when I click the link it says $15.00

I agree that this is annoying. Very annoying. No question.

However, I would put my money on incompetent web site implementation, rather than deliberate dishonesty.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:

The $6.99 price is for the tiny pieces. They are not always in stock, I did get some of these and not a fan. They are smaller pieces that probably fell off larger pieces or were just trimmed off. Seemed to be cooked too long perhaps. Not terrible, but I just like the bigger cuts.