SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I have no talent for this but my daughter needed a new toy box so I figured I try my hand at it.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I have no talent for this but my daughter needed a new toy box so I figured I try my hand at it. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I am reasonably handy but have NO talent for building or creating things. I am a writer.

I have picked up a skill or two here or there so I figured I would use this as a learning opportunity and work on throwing a toy box together for my daughter. So far my idea and execution are turning out better then I thought. I took inspiration from some pictures I saw online.

It’s not perfect but it’s stout and will hold some toys and I am proud of what my untalented dumb ass could hammer out. No beeding yet though. It’s not a project without blood.

The box as she stands today. I braced the floor with a big ass 2x4...in case she wants to store ammo. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice! I’m sure she’ll love it for her toys!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look. I think you’ll want bigger handles.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Hey that looks great - good job Dad!

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I like it! I've been considering a similar style for some outdoor garden planters.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15303 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

The only thing I could think of is a 2x6 when she starts shopping for a Barrett. Wink

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Nice job there Dad!

I agree that a little stouter handles might work better. But then, if it will not be moved around much those handles may do just fine.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking.
Are you going to put a lid on it?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
So, let's be honest like a dad is in his own mind.

What, if anything, aren't you happy with or would have done differently?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Going to put a lid with slow close shocks.
Handles are really just decorative.

So far I am pleased with it. I have lots of sanding and touch up painting to do.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She might climb in there playing hide and seek or something so be careful if you put a latch on it.

But it looks really nice.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Shit, I am thinking of climbing in there and hiding from everybody.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Nice box! Respect! Explain the shoes.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Nice job dad!

I still have the toy box that my dad built for me when I was quite small. Complete with the saw marks I made with the hand saw that came in the carpenter's tool box set I got shortly after...

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Did you consider casters?

And yeah... those shoes?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I agree with BurtonRW. Looks good but what about some wheels? If she gets enough toys in it might get heavy.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Nice box! Casters will be a good suggestion if you plan to move it around without taking all of the toys out.

The shoes: rollerskates?

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Great job!

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job, Pop..

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What shoes????

I see no shoes???