SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kitchen appliances-who do we like?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen appliances-who do we like? Login/Join 
posted
Looking at a kitchen remodel, need to replace gas cooktop (stay w/ gas), microwave and electric oven. Finish will be stainless steel.

Brands we like, brands to stay away from?

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My fridge,dishwasher and oven are all Whirlpool Gold. We have had them for about 12.5 years and never really had a problem with them that would make me buy new ones because of cost repair. The only problem we had with the fridge was the light went out permanently on the fridge side. I have read it is a common thing but a new board is around $150-200.00. We have been pretty fortunate so far. My washing machine was a higher end Whirlpool and only lasted 4.5 years. At the end, the circuit board needed to be replaced and that was when I went with a Maytag unit. My Whirlpool dryer on the other hand is still going strong after 6+ years without a problem of any kind.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for something a little nicer, without going full commercial, we like the Thermadore stuff we installed at our remodel a few years ago. Thermadore is owned by Bosch now. We did a drop in 5 burner cook top, steam oven and electric oven plus fridge all from the professional series with matching hardware.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
If you are looking for something a little nicer, without going full commercial, we like the Thermadore stuff we installed at our remodel a few years ago. Thermadore is owned by Bosch now. We did a drop in 5 burner cook top, steam oven and electric oven plus fridge all from the professional series with matching hardware.

Agree about Thermador. Purchased a stove and dishwasher for our remodel last year and no real problems. One reason we chose the stove was that it lacked any real electronics. There are no major electronic components for controlling a clock, heating element in the stove, etc. Definitely would recommend.

--K

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
Wife... Big Grin

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
We just replaced all our kitchen appliances with high end LG and they are really nice. Only thing we didn't go with LG was the dishwasher and that we went with Bosch.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool/Maytag/Kitchenaid is what I'd go with.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I replaced all of mine in the past year or so with the GE Adora series in slate. Fridge, gas stove, dishwasher. Still need to do the nuker, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

No complaints.

Used to have a glass top electric and HATED it. While this one does have some electric components, I'm glad that I bought it as I had a power outage last week right in the middle of making dinner and was still able finish up no problemo. Unfortunately, the oven temp is controlled electrically. So, I'd have to use the Egg as an oven if need be, but that's OK.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should clarify a bit more, we will not be staying in this house forever so the I not looking to build a high end kitchen for the next owner. Just want nice enough stuff that will help resale in a few years and isn't going to break in 3 years.

Thinking more like GE, LG, Whirlpool mid level stuff. Basic 4 burner gas cooktop, microwave and oven

Thermador will be on the short list for the next house though...

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
All Thermador in our new home; great stuff!

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
my Kenmore ref,range,washer and dryer are 29 years old.
One drive coupler on washer and one idler roller on dryer.
I will not be that lucky if I have to replace.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldrider:
Wife... Big Grin

Appliance Brad..................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
my Kenmore ref,range,washer and dryer are 29 years old.

DO THEY WORK????? HEHEHEHE

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post