SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Knee getting scoped
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knee getting scoped Login/Join 
posted
Here we go again. Got my left knee scoped about 2 yrs ago for a Miniscus tear. Lasted about a year and a half. Started hurting about 6 months ago and got worse. Will get scoped again tomorrow. Hope this one works. Got some arthritus too. Hope I don't need a knee replacement.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, I am long overdue and just keep putting it off. I hope you get some relief.

SHAWN

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. Had my right knee scoped about 8 years ago. Thought I was going to have to do the left a couple years ago, but nursed it back with some PT.

My doc has already warned me that I'm going to need a right knee replacement in 15ish years. Only have about 20% cartilage left.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, feels pretty good now. I'm walking around without as much pain. Rehab starts next week.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I've got my first MRI scheduled for Tuesday. X-ray indicated not much arthritis, so we'll see what's happening.

Really having a tough time walking the last three weeks.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
BTDT...just last week. Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I have had 5 surgeries on my left knee. Started with meniscus but ultimately after multiple sports injuries I had reconstruction of both ACL and MCL. I tore them both again, but my surgeon won't fix them. He says I need a new knee, the outer half is arthritic bone on bone and additional surgery will only reduce the chance of a successful replacement. He prescribed a brace to off-load the outside, but he gives me no more than 5 years. I wear it when I engage in sports, to delay the replacement as long as possible. Knee replacements are great if you are 70 and sedentary, but younger more active folks can wear them out in as little as 12-14 years, and the revision surgery to replace the replacement is far more invasive and the chances of success are far lower. Don't live in pain with an altered lifestyle, but my advice is to delay surgery until it becomes necessary. There are reports of cutting edge procedures to halt deterioration and even restore cartilage coming in regularly. Also be wary of surgeons, they have generally one point of view on these things. Remember, to a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Getting my left knee replaced end of next month. After 24 years in the field, I have a desk job. Should last me a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
My wife had her knee replaced l1 months ago and still has trouble and a lot of pain

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I tore the meniscus in my left knee 25 years ago. I had it scoped and the Doc found crystals and told me that I had Gout. He also said that I was a perfect candidate for a knee replacement. I was working a few days later and to this day, I have had no problems with the knee, even though I am about 60 pounds overweight.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
18 months on a new right knee. I was bone on bone and out of options. At age 59 my only regret was not doing it sooner. Big quality of life improvement.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
18 months on a new right knee. I was bone on bone and out of options. At age 59 my only regret was not doing it sooner. Big quality of life improvement.

45 months on a new left knee. I was bone on bone and out of options. At age 61 my only regret was not doing it sooner. Big quality of life improvement. Wink

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post