SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sanctuary City Baltimore Is Now Begging The Feds For Help
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sanctuary City Baltimore Is Now Begging The Feds For Help Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Well, when a city wages outright war against its uniformed officers, this is what happens.

Retards.

If this city had any REAL media you would hear about the hundreds of officers that put in their retirement paperwork following the Freddie Gray circus. You will never hear from them or about them because the Baltimore Sun is just a Democratic propaganda machine.

You would also hear about how the "talent pool" for police recruits went from bad to worse. A lot of people were using the city as a stepping stone to lateral to other agencies or go federal. They aren't even showing up anymore. Basically if you don't have a (major) criminal record and you have 10 fingers and 10 toes, you can get in now. They are beyond desperate.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Baltimore’s mayor asked the FBI to send in reinforcements Wednesday to help the city get its murders under control.
Nah. Send 'em a few dozen cases of AK's and ammo, and pull the Baltimore cops back to a safe distance. The problem will eventually sort itself out.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I do not think the problem is there's too many guns on the street, I believe the issue might be the fact there's not enough in the hands of good people.

Make Baltimore a "Shall Issue" city and educate the good people proper trigger control and sight picture. Ensure they also understand the need to practice.

That and even more so a city that cut it's officers testicles off. Wonder how many officers have this in the back of their mind when it's time be proactive.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
They don't recognize actual cause & effect. But, they believe in false cause & effect - namely, too many guns equals lotsa murders. Their conclusion is get rid of guns & no more murders. Roll Eyes

"I'd kill that MFer, but I ain't got no gun... so I guess I'll just have to be friends wit him."

Or, they will use a bat, a length of pipe, a knife, their car, a tire iron . . . .

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Kiss my old white (privileged) ass!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hey Baltimore... remember when you were macking on Detroit.

Well, it's you're turn now.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not sure I see a problem here

this is what they voted for

this is what they protested for

they're getting everything they wanted and more

I don't understand why they are complaining

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Go fuck yourself Baltimore

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:....Well, when a city wages outright war against its uniformed officers, this is what happens...

Bullseye.

Yup. Nailed dead center. They attack their police in a failed attempt to prop up a known drug dealing thug and expect help?

Fuck. You.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Bless their lil hearts.

Back in the 80s I walked from Hopkins Hospital to Charles village. It's about 3 miles. No one ever messed with me. So, when people say "it's getting as bad now as it was in the 70's, 80's, 90s they have no idea what they're talking about. It's much worse now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
When you take a look at the population numbers and compare the shootings and murders to Chicago, they certainly are punching above their weight.

Good job Baltimore, your assault against your police force has resulted in exactly what you deserve.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
When the mayor, in front of the media, states "she is giving people space to destroy our city" and then denies it; what do you expect but lawlessness.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
not sure I see a problem here

this is what they voted for

this is what they protested for

they're getting everything they wanted and more

I don't understand why they are complaining

Because they have never read Pogo, the enemy is us. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
OK, check out these numbers:

quote:

The department is paying out $1 million in overtime just to make up for the difference.

Is that per day, month, year? A worthless "fact" ... Read on, from another source ...

The Police Department is on pace to spend $43 million on overtime this fiscal year, even though only $16 million is budgeted for overtime.

Mayor Catherine Pugh said Friday she is seeking an audit of Baltimore Police Department overtime after seven officers were indicted on federal racketeering charges — including allegations that they committed overtime fraud.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne...-20170303-story.html

Net effect, zero to positive.

$43M/400 ossifers short equals $107,500 per missing officer. I guarantee you once you factor in retirement, health insurance, and other benefits they are breaking even or actually doing better. When you subtract the $16M normally budgeted then you are at $27M/400 which is $67,500 per missing officer. I guarantee base pay annually with out benefits is in excess of that figure.

How many/much vehicles, guns, and other equipment doesn't need to bought for those missing 400 officers?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, when people say "it's getting as bad now as it was in the 70's, 80's, 90s they have no idea what they're talking about. It's much worse now.

True 'dat. I was stationed at Annapolis for 2 years before transferring to CA in fall of '72. We used to spend a lot of time at a pretty good little nightclub called The Rhapsody that was just over the line from Anne Arundel County into Baltimore. We never had a bit of trouble there or the few months we lived in Glen Burnie prior to my PCS transfer. Bal'mer has definitely changed for the worse and that's too bad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
You axed for it, now you got it.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So there might be more to being a mayor than just holding the office?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Burn Baby Burn!- H Rap Brown

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Sanctuary city = no Federal assistance.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
On top of an over 30 percent increase in murders, the city is also experiencing a shortage in police officers. The city is operating with the lowest number of officers in about a decade — 2,500 police officers. Usually, the department has 2,900 officers.

It's a real head scratcher, that...

I wanted to comment on the same post . Bu, while thinking about what to say. I saw your post so, +1 Razz

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post