SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sanctuary City Baltimore Is Now Begging The Feds For Help
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sanctuary City Baltimore Is Now Begging The Feds For Help Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Baltimore’s mayor asked the FBI to send in reinforcements Wednesday to help the city get its murders under control.

Mayor Catherine Pugh, speaking at a news conference, explained she went to the FBI’s Baltimore office for extra agents to join with police officers in combating a skyrocketing murder count, reports CNN.

“Murder is out of control. There are too many guns on the streets. We’re looking for all the help we can get,” Pugh said.

The city already has 101 murders for the year, a number not seen in almost 20 years. The mayor’s spokesperson warned the violence could rise in the summer months.

“The summers in Baltimore tend to be very violent,” Anthony McCarthy told CNN. “And the mayor wants to get a handle on all the murders, the flood of guns on the streets and the gang activity.”

On top of an over 30 percent increase in murders, the city is also experiencing a shortage in police officers. The city is operating with the lowest number of officers in about a decade — 2,500 police officers. Usually, the department has 2,900 officers.

“You get in a crisis mode like we’re in right now with crime out of control and not enough uniformed officers on the street, I would say it’s at a crisis point,” Baltimore’s Fraternal Order of Police President Lt. Gene Ryan said.

The department is paying out $1 million in overtime just to make up for the difference.

The Baltimore Police did not return the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04...store-law-and-order/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I do not think the problem is there's too many guns on the street, I believe the issue might be the fact there's not enough in the hands of good people.

Make Baltimore a "Shall Issue" city and educate the good people proper trigger control and sight picture. Ensure they also understand the need to practice.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

“Murder is out of control. There are too many guns on the streets.

You mean, too many *thugs* on the streets.

quote:
On top of an over 30 percent increase in murders, the city is also experiencing a shortage in police officers. The city is operating with the lowest number of officers in about a decade — 2,500 police officers. Usually, the department has 2,900 officers.

Well, when a city wages outright war against its uniformed officers, this is what happens.

Retards.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Boo hoo.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a real head scratcher, that...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder who's doing most of the murders . . . I think we already!!

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
They need to change their government officials
Till then screw them.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that until Baltimore addresses the root problem (which is not guns) the fed assistance will not help much.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:....Well, when a city wages outright war against its uniformed officers, this is what happens...

Bullseye.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What a shame. Not really.

They got the government they asked for and therefore deserve what's happening there.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I do feel some sympathy for the innocent (non-Democrat voting) citizens who get caught in the crossfire. Somehow, I suspect that if more elected government officials were caught in the crossfire, that the police would get a tad more support from city hall and the thugs a bit less coddling. Just a suspicion mind you.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Actions ----> Consequences.

Who knew?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who knew?

Yup, as predictable as gravity, to rational humans.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Who knew?

Problem is, many ignore or deny the connection between cause and effect.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This seems simple. If your concern is that there are too many murders because there are too many guns on the streets, perhaps you should start patrolling for loose guns. Seriously, if one of your officers sees a gun walking down the street alone, it is clearly up to no good and should be taken into custody

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
OK, check out these numbers:

quote:

The department is paying out $1 million in overtime just to make up for the difference.

Is that per day, month, year? A worthless "fact" ... Read on, from another source ...

The Police Department is on pace to spend $43 million on overtime this fiscal year, even though only $16 million is budgeted for overtime.

Mayor Catherine Pugh said Friday she is seeking an audit of Baltimore Police Department overtime after seven officers were indicted on federal racketeering charges — including allegations that they committed overtime fraud.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne...-20170303-story.html

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Who knew?

Problem is, many ignore or deny the connection between cause and effect.

Yes, then they call in others (FBI in this case) to fix their mess, while sitting there stupefied.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
They don't recognize actual cause & effect. But, they believe in false cause & effect - namely, too many guns equals lotsa murders. Their conclusion is get rid of guns & no more murders. Roll Eyes

"I'd kill that MFer, but I ain't got no gun... so I guess I'll just have to be friends wit him."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post