SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bob Beckel Fired at Fox News
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob Beckel Fired at Fox News Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
for an alleged racist comment:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ent...rk-article-1.3179398

Fox News fired pundit Bob Beckel over an allegedly racist comment he made to an African-American colleague off the air.

Beckel's remark was described as being "racially insensitive" to the network's human resources team, Variety reported.

"Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee," Fox News said in a statement to Variety.

An attorney for the firm representing the African-American staffer said in a statement that Beckel "stormed out" of his office after the employee, who works for the IT department, arrived to service his computer. Beckel allegedly told the man that he was leaving because "he is black," according to attorney Douglas H. Wigdor.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
You suppose that Bob had been "in the jar"?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Doesn't surprise me at all. He can't control his mouth and he rarely thinks before he speaks.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Seems odd that anyone not half in the bag would do that in an office setting

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From watching & listening to him on the 5, my opinion of Bob is the he's an egotistical, elitist. Guess now I can add, democratic loving, liberal racist.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
You suppose that Bob had been "in the jar"?

No, I suppose it's just more PC nonsense.

Racist comment? Whatever. I have no love lost for Beckel, but I really want to hear what he said and in what context before I start tossing out the word racist. Frankly, I'm just sick of these PC assassinations no matter who is the target.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Wow! I didn't think there was any liberal who could be called a racist.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I don't necessarily believe the story, but I am glad they've gotten rid of him again. I thought it was ridiculous that they brought him back.

Because of the time slot and the way they've re-worked the lineup, I sometimes watch the 5 late rerun. IMO he added absolutely nothing of value and often was quite annoying.

Good riddance.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh hell, it's the new faux fox so who watches let alone give a damn?

The Murdock boys need to be flushed immediately after they finish flushing faux fox news.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I never agreed with Bob, but he was the type of guy I figured I could have a beer with. I stopped watching just about every thing on FOX but I did see the episode where he returned. Man he looked like shit run over twice.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Wow! I didn't think there was any liberal who could be called a racist.

Well he's white, so...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
PC has run amok, there's a long road to turn it back.
You can't say anything to anybody in the workplace today....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Doesn't surprise me at all. He can't control his mouth and he rarely thinks.

Jim

FIFY

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
B PC 2 IT
else
C ya!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I kind of liked the fact that he didn't drink the whole cup of liberal Kool-Aid. He was actually somewhat reasonable sometimes.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beckel probably said something about the computer screen went black. The IT guy just took "black" and ran with it.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I'm glad he's gone. As far as the reason? He was on the side that weaponized PC so other than a slight feeling of 'sucks to be him', AMF.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
He is not liberal enough for the new improved Fox News.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I kinda like the SOB.

But then, I kinda miss Alan Colmes, too. RIP.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I'd never seen the guy until he returned to Fox, but I have to say I didn't care for what I saw. He seemed to be overly eager to let everyone know he kicked prescription drugs and how it nearly ruined him. His insistence on demeaning President Trump went well beyond the 'fair and balanced' that Fox is so proud of. The only positive is he made Juan Williams look more like a moderate.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post