SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Posting comments on Townhall articles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Posting comments on Townhall articles Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
I know a number of members here read and comment on Townhall.com articles. I'm curious if others here have received threats of violence against them in response to their comments. For the second time now, I had some yahoo threaten to "come to Orlando and find me" because he/she apparently didn't appreciate a rebuttal I posted to one of their delusion rants.

Anybody else receive this kind of feedback?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Why haven't you reported this to Para?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I presume because Para doesn't run Townhall.com Big Grin

To the OP questions:

How do they know you are in Orlando,

I have a buddy that does this all the time, he gets a charge out of handing the proggies their asses online. I know he's had threats made at him, he doesn't care, uses a fake email and doesn't give up his location.

I finally got him to get a VPN service so someone couldn't track his IP back to his home town easily.

He's told me that much of the left wing posters are paid shills for other organizations, and he's weeded many of them out.

So, to answer, he's had threats, nobody shows up, but protect your whereabouts with VPN, disposable emails without your name in them, setup your account if you have to with false name and city state.

If you're going to go play with the nuts and folks that have all that time to post on news articles, you have to expect some crap like this...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

While his reach is broad, swift and certain, I don't believe it yet extends to the entire interwebz.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't think PARA has any pull over at Townhall. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
How do they know you are in Orlando?
Bad choice of user name on my part.
quote:
If you're going to go play with the nuts and folks that have all that time to post on news articles, you have to expect some crap like this...
Oh, I do expect it I guess. Just find it somewhat comical these yahoos can't hold their water any better than they do, and was just wondering if others here had encountered the same.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be out front waiting.......

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe Big is talking about comments made on Townhall.com, not comments posted here about those articles.

I read a great many articles on quite a few websites, and sometimes read some of the comments. There are a lot of really disturbed people out there.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

I believe Big is talking about comments made on Townhall.com, not comments posted here about those articles.

I took it to mean comments here.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

While his reach is broad, swift and certain, I don't believe it yet extends to the entire interwebz.....

Yet. Razz

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Oh, I do expect it I guess. Just find it somewhat comical these yahoos can't hold their water any better than they do, and was just wondering if others here had encountered the same.

Well you're experiencing exactly what my iPhone entrenched neighbor does, he lives to crush these folks, and he's so in to it that he's keeping score, looks to find the paid trolls to out them, researches names all that stuff, personally I think he'd be better off if he found a woman, or man, or whatever, still, it consumes much of his time.

His Choice.

He's been threatened, and of course offers up the come on over, I'm ready for you response...

Frankly I get enough polly ticks on teevee, here, and when removing my tin foil hat to wash what hair is left, adding another point isn't on the radar LOL

But yeah, you are getting exactly what he says he gets when posting.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make an appt to meet him at a neutral place. When he pulls his gun, show him what an idiot move it was, when the police jump out and toast him.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post