SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging Appliance Brad Whirpool lsq7030lq0
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Appliance Brad Whirpool lsq7030lq0 Login/Join 
posted
Hi Brad,

Quick question for you. We had a bad smell coming from our washer. I disassembled it and found a disgusting scene inside the outer tub.

Well I cleaned it all up, but noticed that after the drain pump turns off that a slug of water comes back into the outer tub through the drain hole.

I'm wondering does the drain system on these washers have a check valve to prevent this or is this normal? The only thing I can see that might be a check valve is on the lower left back side where the line from the inside goes to the outside.

Nothing I can find identifies this as a check valve so I hate to have to go to through pulling it out only to find it's just a junction.

Your help is appreciated!

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
No check valve. Whatever water in the drain hose will flow back when the pump shuts off, perfectly normal.

As for the scud on the outer tub, high quality detergent (and use less), if your water is hard, you need a softener and if you use the fabric softener dispenser, use less softener and dilute it.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad.

This was a second hand washer so I think the scum was from the previous owners.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post