SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Avatar Posting problem: Asking for assistance.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Avatar Posting problem: Asking for assistance. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
I haven't posted in a long time, but when I posted today, I noticed my Avatar was not appearing.

I tried replacing my avatar with two hosting services, Postimage.com ang ImgurBB, and kept getting this message in my profile, edit , image URL,
The URL does not appear to be accessible."

What am I doing wrong?
I have used the Direct Link & Message board format when entering the image Https:

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Send me the image and I'll host it for you. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
^^^

The man, the myth, the monkey. Smile

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Thank you very much. I am not computer illiterate, but this has perplexed me.

I had posted my original avatar using Tinypic, which I understand is now defunct.

I will send the image soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Thank you very much. I am not computer illiterate, but this has perplexed me.

I had posted my origanal avatar using Tinypic, which I understand is now defunct.

I will send the image soon.
Your computer literacy is not the problem. It's the hosting site. Many hosting sites do not support avatars. Mr. Monkey does support avatars and in fact, hosts mine.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe you or monkey could resize your avatar to 60x60 Smile

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
A larger picture of my new avatar hosted by Sig Monkey.

My thanks for your help.

Hachiko Statue, Shibuya Station, Tokyo, Japan.

美しい犬

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
You do realize your avatar is currently 2,592 x 1,944 pixels, right? Wink

I've emailed you a cropped 60x60. Smile https://avatarhost.files.wordp...2016/11/cne32507.jpg

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
You do realize your avatar is currently 2,592 x 1,944 pixels, right? Wink

I've emailed you a cropped 60x60. Smile https://avatarhost.files.wordp...2016/11/cne32507.jpg

Thanks Jim. I've had to change hosting sites also and didn't realize...

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Hell, now I can't get rid of it!