SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any apple / iMac gurus here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any apple / iMac gurus here? Login/Join 
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted
The missus has a 7 yr old iMac that I just replaced for her birthday with a MacBook pro. Her old iMac has Adobe Creative Suite 6 on it, but apparently Creative Suite now it is ALL subscription based.

Anyone know how to migrate Creative Suite over without the having the original adobe sign-in? (original sign-in is with her none-to-pleasant ex...) Not trying to keep it running on both (as I respect that would require an additional license) just trying to keep it functional on a single system.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I believe you would need a 'key', usually found printed on the installation discs.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Did you use the Mac Migration Assistant when you moved from the iMac to the MacBookPro?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
I believe you would need a 'key', usually found printed on the installation discs.

Don't have any of that

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Did you use the Mac Migration Assistant when you moved from the iMac to the MacBookPro?

Yes, and migrated apps. The guy on the phone said, "yep, it'll work fine" and it does not. Confused

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
quote:

Yes, and migrated apps. The guy on the phone said, "yep, it'll work fine" and it does not. Confused
What, exactly (screenshots, error messages), isn't "fine?"

Migration should get the bits onto the new system. If the application doesn't run, or runs with complaints, it is likely a licensing issue. Without the original licensing credentials, you will most likely have to pay again, talk Adobe into issuing you new ones, or find a way to "pirate" the software.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
quote:

What, exactly (screenshots, error messages), isn't "fine?"

Migration should get the bits onto the new system. If the application doesn't run, or runs with complaints, it is likely a licensing issue. Without the original licensing credentials, you will most likely have to pay again, talk Adobe into issuing you new ones, or find a way to "pirate" the software.

Yeah, it's asking for a login, which we don't have.

Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Do you have the installer media for CS 6?

It will run on the current OS.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerBook:
Do you have the installer media for CS 6?

It will run on the current OS.

Nope. Her ex has it and communication is not an option.

Appreciate all the suggestions/responses.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I recommend a $10/month Adobe subscription. Many improvements in software as well as updates forever.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I recommend a $10/month Adobe subscription. Many improvements in software as well as updates forever.

Haven't found it for $10/mo, or I definitely would. What I saw for Creative Suite (InDesign, photoshop, illustrator and acrobat) was $50/mo.

posted Hide Post
Are you close to an Apple store? I know nothing about OSx or iOS (by choice) but my wife gets her Apple issues handled at the Apple store. They seem pretty top notch at handling problems.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Just subscribe to the PHOTOGRAPHY plan. 9.99 a month. You will get Bridge, Photoshop, and Lightroom. You do not have to purchase the entire suite.

I process and manage digital photos for a living. I do not like Lightroom but every once in a while I work with a client who has to use Lightroom. So I pay 9.99 a month to Adobe. I hate it.

I recommend a $10/month Adobe subscription. Many improvements in software as well as updates forever.[/QUOTE]

Haven't found it for $10/mo, or I definitely would. What I saw for Creative Suite (InDesign, photoshop, illustrator and acrobat) was $50/mo.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without the CD, you're screwed on that installation.

While Adobe doesn't sell it any more, lots of places still have it to sell, either actual media or direct download. Just google Creative Suite 6 Mac.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
After doing some searching, I found this at Apple Support.

I also found Mac Product Key finder. There are 2 versions: $29.95(Professional) & free. I tried the free one and it found 30 keys including old keys for Photoshop CS3 & CS4 - but not CS6. Don't know if it's worth it for you. A support page lists Photoshop CS6 as a supported app for the Professional version.

Also found Adobe Product key Finder.

Hope this helps.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the suggestions! Gonna hammer away on it tomorrow.