SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey Skittle-lovers - Lime Skittles are Back in Orignal packs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Skittle-lovers - Lime Skittles are Back in Orignal packs Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted
Im on Vacation in Idaho, so my uploading of pictures is not working on this back-woods internet, but i stopped by Walmart and they had a 2-pound bag of "limited edition" original skittles with lime. Praise the Lord!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, Idaho's got everything.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I saw they offered a "red, white, and blue" variety for Independence Day, but I missed it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
Thank the Lord. Those apple ones were terrible.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:
Thank the Lord. Those apple ones were terrible.

I got a bag without realizing they were now apple. Gag!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
For real?! Over the past few years I've been carefully rationing the four bags that my daughter snagged for me from the vending machine at her workplace break room. They had clearly been sitting untouched in the machine for a couple of years, and that was probably the last place in the state where they were still available.

Thoroughly ticks me off that they replaced the lime with apple but still kept the word "original" on the packaging. LIARS!!!

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
This is really stange news to me, but, hell, I'll have to check out a Skittle pack next time I see one. Skittles were one of my favorite candies(sp?) when I was younger, though I'm only 30, and lime is the only green Skittle I know of in the red original pack. That's what you're saying right? The red original Skittle pack now has green apple?

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
This is really stange news to me, but, hell, I'll have to check out a Skittle pack next time I see one. Skittles were one of my favorite candies(sp?) when I was younger, though I'm only 30, and lime is the only green Skittle I know of in the red original pack. That's what you're saying right? The red original Skittle pack now has green apple?

Yes, blasphemers 'voted' the nasty apple in. Probably fuckin millennials.
Hopefully the lime is back for good.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Y-E-S Yes! Smile I stopped buying them when they went to green apple, which I thought tasted like floral soap.

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
For real?! Over the past few years I've been carefully rationing the four bags that my daughter snagged for me from the vending machine at her workplace break room. They had clearly been sitting untouched in the machine for a couple of years, and that was probably the last place in the state where they were still available.

Thoroughly ticks me off that they replaced the lime with apple but still kept the word "original" on the packaging. LIARS!!!

I'm a BIG fan of Lime skittles...and just think...I was at Wallyworld today (yeah...it was as bad as you think...no checkouts open, idiots, yada, yada, yada Frown)...and this was before I saw this post...I'm going back EARLY in the morning...maybe KARMA will smile on me Smile...the only thing to add...Apple flavor MUST be cheaper (bottom line and all).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought of you the moment I saw the bag, actually! Big Grin I'll see if I can't post the picture now:

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ Aw, Porter, that's so sweet.

My conspiracy theory is that the company found out that lime was the most popular flavor, so they did away with it for several years until people became good and desperate, and now they are bringing them back at jacked-up prices. Big Grin

The fact that it has "limited edition" on the label does not bode well.

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:

My conspiracy theory is that the company found out that lime was the most popular flavor, so they did away with it for several years until people became good and desperate, and now they are bringing them back at jacked-up prices. Big Grin

green apple started as a "limited edition" so I guess I'm kind of hopeful. I'll probably buy a few more of these, just in case.

Lime stuck around, and was in the small "Orchard" flavor packs. but the rest of the orchard ones were gross, so why not toss green apple in there!!

But in reality, they really missed an opportunity to call it "Limeted edition" Razz

Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It's part of the overall plan to make is their mindless minions...there was a movie I believe Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:

green apple started as a "limited edition" so I guess I'm kind of hopeful. I'll probably buy a few more of these, just in case.

Lime stuck around, and was in the small "Orchard" flavor packs. but the rest of the orchard ones were gross, so why not toss green apple in there!!

But in reality, they really missed an opportunity to call it "Limeted edition" Razz

Meh it's like the Disney vault, you call a desired item limited edition and make sure it's not readily available, then pull it from time to time so when it is available, everyone goes crazy. Supply and demand and all.

And if the damn millennials...my dumbass generation, voted green apple, well fuck them even more!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post

Great news. My guess is that they're using these "limited edition" bags as a test case to see if the lime ones will sell.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
They'll probably replace the lime with kiwi next. Roll Eyes