SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Screw Jared, He Went to David ---- She Said YES! --- Warning, pic heavy -- Date Set 10/6/18
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Screw Jared, He Went to David ---- She Said YES! --- Warning, pic heavy -- Date Set 10/6/18 Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Nice job! Congratulations on the engagement!

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Beautiful ring, and beautiful fiancée! I wish you the best. And that's a great photo of the ring.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8938 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Congrats you two. That was a excellent read. You make a good couple so go forth and be happy.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Looks to me like you are both getting a bargain. Smile Smile Smile

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Very well done... in all aspects.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

Congratulations and may you see many happy anniversaries! At least 50 or more! Smile

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Well played. Congrats!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice. Well done.

Posts: 26896 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. May you have many happy years together

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the both of you Jessie. You sir deserve a tip of a damn fine single malt because of the time,thought,and detail you put into the lead up of being on bended knee. I read your post with a smile on my face. You gots mad skills as a video editor as well.You done good, and will obviously do great for your family in the years to come.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Big Congrats!

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS!

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wife saw the ring pic and said it was pretty. Then she asked if it's from Dave. Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Great story and thanks for sharing. Congratulations to both of you!

You put way more time and effort into it than I did LOL!

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881

That is a beautiful ring on a beautiful, feminine hand. No "man hands" there!

Congratulations Skins!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your story, and with such a nicely illustrated narrative. (As an aside: Wow, what a lovely ring... you, sir, have excellent taste).

And greatest congrats on your engagement.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Glad it worked out, even with changing plans. It's hell carrying that heavy-ass ring around, isn't it. Like the first time you carry concealed.....

I never posted my full 'Dave T got me hitched' story because it wouldn't make a very good commercial.
We were already engaged. Wedding was being planned. I emailed Dave, he sent a ring, I sent a check (the order of that transaction left my jaw on the floor). My fiance was back in Mexico because her work visa expired & we weren't getting married for 6mos (crappy timing & stupid company). She was going to surprise me by coming up for Thanksgiving. She had my sister going to pick her up at the airport. I ruined that by telling her I was going to go out of town for a few days 1 day before she was going to be here.

I quickly decided to recreate our 1st date. Dinner, quiet bar to talk the evening after I picked her up from the airport. Nope, not happening. She wants to do this, she wants to do that. Nothing I suggested was even considered. She eventually decided 'we can go look at rings after lunch' (meaning wedding bands). That was the last straw. Crappy day, stepping over a puddle walking into B-dubs, I said "Here, goddammit" & shoved the ring in her face. Eyes got huge & instantly she was much more agreeable to anything I wanted to do. Every time I hand her the rings, I say 'Here Goddammit" in my most romantic voice....

I've had others email me about my experience with David - my response is usually some form of: just send him a check, you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39745 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
Classy!

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post