SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for an employee - Job in Mid-TN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an employee - Job in Mid-TN Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I am in the mid-TN area. I have had some luck hiring guys from the forum before so Ill try again.

Auto manufacturing plant in middle Tennessee. I need someone mature, dependable, and not a douchebag. Has to be able to get along with others, most of us are right wing gun toting types, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Job requires working in a manufacturing environment, there is a decent amount of walking and on your feet, some light lifting. Our team gathers and analyzes data on cars in a paint shop, we are not line workers or tied to the line. Any OEM paint shop experience will be a plus. I can teach you how to use the meters, and what to do. I cant teach you how to be a good worker, dependable, and a team player, you need to bring those skills on your own. Position is for 1st shift, 40 hours, but there may be times I need to ask you to cover other shifts. There could be Saturdays in the future that you will be expected to be available for. The position is through a contractor company, but it is not a temp job. The contract company does offer some benefits, there is vacation time, and there is insurance although I cant personally speak to how good it is. I have some guys I have hired in full time to the company, and others that have been contracting with me for several years. I don't blow smoke up anyone's ass, and I expect the same. I need someone serious, with attention to detail and an organized mind, and a non-snowflake mentality. Pay range is wide depending on experience, from $16-$23 / hour. Experience is a premium. Basic knowledge of excel is good, the more the better.

You will need safety shoes with safety toe and non-slip sole, and safety glasses, have to pass a drug test and a physical. If you are interested email me at the address in my profile, put "Job on Forum" in the subject line.

If any of my guys who work for me want to chime in feel free.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Best job posting Ive ever seen. If I move to Tennessee, I'll look you up.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Hard to find somebody like that now. About 7 out of 10 can't pass the drug screen. The other 3 work a while and quit. The last 2 don't want to get up early. The 1 that is left is a Democrat. Did I say I majored in math in college? All I had to do in high school was show up.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
Hard to find somebody like that now. About 7 out of 10 can't pass the drug screen. The other 3 work a while and quit. The last 2 don't want to get up early. The 1 that is left is a Democrat. Did I say I majored in math in college? All I had to do in high school was show up.

I miss the days where my biggest responsibility was to just show up. It’s very cool of you to post this here, I hope you have good luck finding a suitable candidate.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
...have to pass...a physical...

Damn! I guess my hernia rules me out. Frown

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great opportunity. I brought up moving to Nashville and the wife said no. For some reason she thinks it's too country. I don't know much about the place but it can't be bad if the Grand Ole Opry is there. Big Grin

You're paying pretty well and have some pretty simple expectations. I would've thought that some of the traits you're looking for would be pretty common such as being dependable, passing drug test, passing physical, etc.

Posts: 13108 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Stellar job posting Big Grin

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Sounds like a great opportunity. I brought up moving to Nashville and the wife said no. For some reason she thinks it's too country. I don't know much about the place but it can't be bad if the Grand Ole Opry is there. Big Grin

You're paying pretty well and have some pretty simple expectations. I would've thought that some of the traits you're looking for would be pretty common such as being dependable, passing drug test, passing physical, etc.

Nashville proper is as city as it gets. There is "country" in the outlying areas...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
How come someone in Florida is not looking for the same type of employee.

I fit the description and I am looking for work. BUT, I want to stay in Florida.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I sent this to my son. He still lives with us in NE Georgia, but his Ma and I keep saying that "we're looking forward to missing him".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I sent this to my son. He still lives with us in NE Georgia, but his Ma and I keep saying that "we're looking forward to missing him".

Big Grin

So subtle.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post