SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baby goat fricasseed in Coca Cola
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baby goat fricasseed in Coca Cola Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I use coke and Dr Pepper every now and then. Coke is pretty good in brisket and Dr Pepper is good in pulled pork.

Mexican bottles of coke with sugar are on the shelves of Kroger's and Publix here...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr Pepper is good in pulled pork

That's interesting. Thank you.

Should be reminiscent of Peruvian fruit bats, which I liked a lot. Not much meat there but the tiny claws doubled-up nicely as toothpicks.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

Mexican bottles of coke with sugar are on the shelves of Kroger's and Publix here...

You can get it at Sam's. Its much cheaper if you buy it by the case. At Kroger, its really expensive to just buy a single bottle.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
One thing my friend mentioned is that Coke breaks down the connective tissue. All chunks are therefore tender.

The citric acid would do that. If you over-do it the meat becomes mush.

I made a "Swineapple" once. Hollowed out pineapple with BBQ boneless pork ribs inside wrapped in bacon. I pre-cooked the rib meat, then stuffed the bacon-wrapped pineapple and smoked it just long enough to cook the bacon so the meat wouldn't break down.

It tasted great, however, the leftovers were basically unedible the next day, the citric acid had turned the pork inside to mush.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how Coke would work as a basting for bbq chicken? Maybe mix with bbq sauce and baste. Has anyone tried something similar?

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Fricasseed in Coke, Strambo?

No shit?

Hopefully not.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
my MIL makes a damned good Pork Barbacoa with a can of Dr. Pepper in it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post