SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baby goat fricasseed in Coca Cola
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baby goat fricasseed in Coca Cola Login/Join 
posted
Or Pepsi.

A dear old friend has extended today an invitation for dinner at his house. The main dish? Baby goat fricasseed in Coca Cola or Pepsi.

That'll be a first for me. I'm inclined towards Coca Cola just because of the potassium. Beyond that, it's a guessing game for me.

Anybody tried that? If so, which ingredient serves better, Coke or Pepsi?

Confused

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive had plenty of goat (it’s good), and prefer Coke.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fricasseed in Coke, Strambo?

No shit?

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
My favorite meat. I love it roasted on a spit; why ruin the flavor with sugar water? Turn slowly with one hand, hold drink in the other.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
why ruin the flavor with sugar water?

Goat I've had before. It's fricasseeing it in Coke or Pepsi that's different.

But he says that it is delicious. I figure that the Coke will turn syrupy with a mix of a tangy/sugary taste. Sort of a sweet and sour thing.

The Pepsi might just be sweet/sugary.

Interesting mix. I'll find out.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Fricasseed in Coke, Strambo?

No shit?

Ha! Sorry, separate statements, should have used a period, not a comma. I have had plenty of goat. I like Coke over Pepsi. I haven’t had soda fricasseed goat. Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I own stock in Pepsi.
That's all I have to offer..... Smile

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought of another description. Coca Cola-infused baby goat.

He swears that it's delicious. I think I can imagine the menu description. Big Grin

"Tender chunks of baby goat delicately submerged..."

posted Hide Post
Apparently, it has been done for some time now.

https://www.recipelion.com/Edi...cipes-with-Coca-Cola

https://www.wikihow.com/Cook-With-Coca-Cola

I think I will like it. It gives a new twist on the question--- Coke or Pepsi?

Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
At first glance, I thought a baby goat was accosted. This is much better!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've had Coke chocolate cake at Cracker Barrel.

Can't remember if it had a significant difference in flavor to the non-Coke chocolate cake.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
" I like kids ... if they're properly cooked." --- W.C. Fields

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
kids

Especially if they are assiduous consumers of Coke. Morning, noon and night.

It'll save on marinade time. Pre-flavored.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can't remember if it had a significant difference in flavor to the non-Coke chocolate cake.

the Coca Cola Cake at Jestine's in Charleston is better,

and easy to make at home,

coke choco cake is more moist, usually a pan cake and iced while hot, with a runny icing loaded with pecans

reg choco cake is usually layers, iced while cool, tends to be just a big dryer (but still mighty tasty)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:

the Coca Cola Cake at Jestine's in Charleston is better,

and easy to make at home,

coke choco cake is more moist, usually a pan cake and iced while hot, with a runny icing loaded with pecans

reg choco cake is usually layers, iced while cool, tends to be just a big dryer (but still mighty tasty)

re the Goat,,

never had it,

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing my friend mentioned is that Coke breaks down the connective tissue. All chunks are therefore tender.

posted Hide Post
I’ve done glaze on ham with it. Turned out great

I search out the Pepsi made with cane sugar when it’s available

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you, snwghst. Great idea.

Coke made with cane sugar is readily available in Tampa. Only need to find out where.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thank you, snwghst. Great idea.

Coke made with cane sugar is readily available in Tampa. Only need to find out where.

look for Mexican Coke (not the white stuff)
usually found in the smaller shops,
real sugar, not corn syrup

posted Hide Post
Wink