SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McD's drive-thru employee: ‘I ain’t servin’ no police!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McD's drive-thru employee: ‘I ain’t servin’ no police! Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted
Sorry you men and women of law enforcement have to put up with these sort of shit bags. I know it is a stretch, but an interview question something like - We serve law enforcement officers here, do you have any issues treating them with the respect all customers deserve? In this case the person was fired, but sure would be nice to address these issues up front in the team members questions.

McDonald’s drive-thru: ‘I ain’t servin’ no police!’

After a uniformed police officer pulled into a McDonald’s drive through in Henrico County, Virginia, and paid for his order, he was refused service and his food once the employee at the pick-up window saw his uniform.

The 25-year law enforcement veteran, Scott Naff – who is an officer for the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries – shared the incident with his wife, Cathy, who described the run-in to the local newspaper. She said that when the employee at the window saw his uniform, he received a defiant reaction.

“I ain’t servin’ no police,” the McDonald’s employee told Naff, according Fox News.

Reverberating disgust …

The story went viral quickly after the appalled wife posted her husband’s experience on her Facebook page to notify her closest friends and families about what happened. By Monday, it quickly received 2,000 comments and 3,500 shares, to her surprise.

“He was in uniform and [in] his police vehicle,” the officer’s wife informed her social media followers, according to Fox 8. “He paid for his food and drove forward to the next window. The young man who was working that window looked at him and backed away from the window mouthing something to my husband.”

Cathy Naff then explained that her husband was unable to hear what the employee told him because the drive-thru window was closed when he pulled up.

“The guy finally walked to the window and slid it open,” she continued. “The guy said, ‘I ain’t servin’ no police’ and closed the window. The guy proceeded to tell everyone in McDonald’s, including the manager, that he was not going to serve the police.”

Naff reported what happened not to get retribution on the employee, but to let Americans see the kind of hostility police officers in the United States endure daily after the police bashing that was fueled during the Obama administration.

“Cathy said it was not her husband’s intention to cost someone their job, but she wanted to bring to light what police officers go through while interacting with the public,” Fox News noted. “Cathy updated her Facebook status to say a manager at the McDonald’s had told her and Scott the employee in question had been let go.”

She said it was a shame that police officers such as her husband have gotten such a bad rap because of a few bad cops out there – not to mention the way mainstream media and progressive politicians have stigmatized law enforcement in a negative light.

“My husband is one of the great guys and would have never treated this young man disrespectfully,” the supportive wife insisted.

After hearing about what happened, the owner of the McDonald’s restaurant was spurred to take “appropriate action” to right the wrong.

Not in my establishment …

McDonald’s franchise owner Freda Thornton issued a statement Tuesday supporting the officer and condemning the action of her employee.

“At our restaurants, we are dedicated to serving all of our customers, including all authority figures who protect our wildlife and natural resources,” Thornton told WTVR. “We regret this situation, as it goes against our standards of providing a welcoming experience to everyone, and we have taken the appropriate action to resolve this situation.”

Where’s the training?

When the Richmond Times-Dispatch asked a McDonald’s spokeswoman what measures would be taken to make sure similar instances would not occur in the future and if further comment would be provided, she declined to provide any details – even though it was disclosed later that the disrespectful employee had been terminated.

Naff’s wife was also asked if she though the situation had been handled properly.

“When asked whether McDonald’s actions were satisfactory, Cathy Naff said there is no satisfaction in seeing someone lose a job,” the Dispatch’s Bill Lukitsch reported. “She added that the issue could likely be prevented from recurring through adequate customer training practices.”

She insisted that food chains must do a better job to ensure that the entire community is served with respect and dignity.

“This situation is about how a law enforcement officer was treated by an employee of a local establishment who should have been trained by their employer and properly supervised on how to treat their customers,” Cathy Naff told the Richmond daily.

In one of her Facebook posts, the concerned wife called on all Americans to do a better job appreciating those who sacrifice their lives to ensure their safety.

“This is such an eye opener for me – as to what the people who protect us have to go through on a daily basis,” Cathy Naff wrote, according to TheRoot.com. “Please pray for the men and women who serve and protect us and put their lives on the line for us each and every day.”

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=27520?omhide=true

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
At least the dirt bag "employee" was fired.

How is training going to stop such idiocy? Those who treat customers with such hatred and disdain could GAS about losing their job, and will be on EBT, food stamps, yada yada. So not much of a penalty involved.

Hopefully the dirtbag will not be receiving unemployment.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Glad McD's did the right thing and got rid of the problem child. Would have liked to see the manager send him home right then and the spot and serve the office themselves.

One of my first jobs I had to deal with the public and learned what CS was. I'm pretty sure the owner of that company, back then would have physically removed such an employee from the property right then and there. Guess that's not PC in today's world.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It's probably just as well that the officer was not served, considering the possibility that the McDonald's employee might have done something to sabotage the order.

I live in a mixed area. Mostly white, but definitely a mix. There is one burger place, not McDonalds, that is staffed primarily by black employees. I do not go there anymore, after seeing blatant racism on the part of the employees.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think I'd worry about deliberate contamination of my food order.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
“She added that the issue could likely be prevented from recurring through adequate customer training practices.”

I'm sure they are trained and trained and trained on customer service.

Training can't fix stupid or brainwashed.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Maybe the guy was just trying to save the officer from eating their shitty food?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to say but if I was an officer I wouldn't eat anywhere that I didn't know the owners and staff with my uniform on.

Posts: 3914 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Sad to say but if I was an officer I wouldn't eat anywhere that I didn't know the owners and staff with my uniform on.
That's what I was alluding to.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Where’s the training?

It's irritating when society mistakes training for motivation, or knowledge for will.

Just because someone knows the right choice does not compel them to make the right choice.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and depending on the town a lot of places might be on your personal 'do not go there' list because you've arrested some of the employees....

would not go to the Dunkin Donuts on Continental, or to the Subway on DW...

you just never know

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I can't believe you'd go through a drive through in a marked vehicle. It is by far safest to eat only at "safe" places, and places you can watch them prepare your food.

It's not uncommon that you're on a call dealing with someone somewhat disorderly and ask them "Where do you work?" and they answer "Wendys". And you think to yourself "Mental note- I can't eat there anymore".

But, truth be told, we all eat stuff that is as bad as what the po-leece get being in uniform. Work ethic, hygiene, and sanitation don't go hand in hand with the folks that primarily work at fast food establishments. "Conditions of parole" come to mind for many of them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I would've started to brown bag it long ago.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I went to breakfast with several detectives a few years ago. First thing before we left the office was the discussion "anybody arrested anyone that works at ........?"

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
We had a pizza place, good pizza, none of the LEOs ate there.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we should support businesses that take appropriate action, rather than tacking cheap shots at the establishment.

"After hearing about what happened, the owner of the McDonald’s restaurant was spurred to take “appropriate action” to right the wrong.

McDonald’s franchise owner Freda Thornton issued a statement Tuesday supporting the officer and condemning the action of her employee"

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Perhaps we should support businesses that take appropriate action, rather than tacking cheap shots at the establishment.

"After hearing about what happened, the owner of the McDonald’s restaurant was spurred to take “appropriate action” to right the wrong.

McDonald’s franchise owner Freda Thornton issued a statement Tuesday supporting the officer and condemning the action of her employee"
I see your point, but I don't understand why two people weren't fired by the owner based on this
quote:
“The guy finally walked to the window and slid it open,” she continued. “The guy said, ‘I ain’t servin’ no police’ and closed the window. The guy proceeded to tell everyone in McDonald’s, including the manager, that he was not going to serve the police.”
If I were the owner, I would expect my manager to personally and apologetically serve the officer then fire the employee. Either the owner didn't empower the manager to fire people on the spot or the manager was empowered and failed to fire the dipshit on the spot.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
McDonalds corporation reserves the right to yank a franchise from an owner if they blatantly violate any of their rules and discrimination is high on the list.

It's high time an example be made to straighten out this lax management hiring.

I got the McDonalds in Chamblee visited by corporate when I scolded the manager for running a lax crew while people were backed up in the drive through and she was too busy yakking with her wife on her cell phone laughing. She told me to fuck off. I sent the video to corporate and the owner was REQUIRED to hire the corporate manager to retrain the staff.

I suppose it was VERY expensive for that man to work there for three months.

Corporate sent me a card for free food for my trouble, but I told them there would be no way I would ever go back to ANY of their restaurants in fear of reprisals.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Through the years, as a LEO, I had a buddy get served a sandwich with pubic hair topping. A cop with my agency was served piss in his Dunkin Donuts coffee which actually was a criminal case that was worked. Any cop that goes through a drive thru in a marked unit is playing some shitty odds. As jljones stated, cant tell you how many arrestees have had occupations as a cook or server. Here in SFlorida they do a lot of inmate work release programs and guess where many work....yep, making your food. I always bring my food, it's cheaper and healthier.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post