SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thinking about an electric razor
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about an electric razor Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Best of luck with the Braun.

I've had my braun for 3 years now and it works great. I've always heard the Panasonics are great, but I've never seen a new cutting head/foil for them sold anywhere.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
As some have said, an electric will not shave quite as close as a blade. However, it was always close enough throughout my 20 years in the Air Force, and no blood on my uniform shirts! Wink

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Braun has always been my go to in electric razors.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Best of luck with the Braun.

I've had my braun for 3 years now and it works great. I've always heard the Panasonics are great, but I've never seen a new cutting head/foil for them sold anywhere.

Panasonic, Amazon,and various other places sell them online.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

I just read the description of that razor on their website. I see it is suitable for faces and necks. When you said you shaved your head with it, I just assumed it was more of a barbers tool to shave heads with. Do you know anyone who shaves their face with it?

My barber uses it on the face area when trimming my beard. I see it used in other faces. Appears to work well. Works good on mine.

ETA, guess I’m a little late to the party. I hope the Braun works well for you.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've been using Norelco triple head electric razors since the early '90s to shave my face.

When I started shaving my head in Afghanistan, ( the barbers were savages - felt like they were taking off chunks of my scalp! ) in '03, I started using Panasonic wet/dry electric shavers.

I've been happy with both brands for my intended purposes.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Panasonic and Braun get the best reviews. Different people prefer one over the other, and I can't see any clear superiority of one over the other. Norelco is a definite third place.

I have a Panasonic. It is said to give a closer shave than the Brauns. It gives a good shave and is convenient, but there is no way it is as close as a blade.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Norelco since I first had to start shaving. Never a problem. Tried a Braun once and had huge irritation. We won't even talk about my attempts to use a disposable blade razor.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I envy people who can get a close shave with an electric. I've tried practically every electric shaver there is and none come close to a razor. That said, Panasonic would be my choice if I didn't have a razor.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
My better half just got me a new Braun for Christmas. My old Braun lasted 20 years so it was worth the money. But wow, the new Braun is impressive.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only a warrior
chooses pacifism
posted Hide Post
I'm also a Braun fan. Over the years I've had a few different brands (Remington, Norelco, Panasonic, etc.) and they were okay, but after a few years of use the rechargeable battery inside of them eventually wouldn't hold a charge. More than a decade ago a bought my first Braun which had the cleaning and recharging station and it's been going strong since. They claimed the station would cycle the battery in order to extend its life, but I didn't ever think it would last this long 10 years later. I sometimes think I'll buy another Braun of the latest generation, by my current one won't die or break, so I've never had a need to buy a replacement yet.

Posts: 203 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to my job I shaved every working day, I normally used a razor, my day used a morello electric razor, when he died I decided I would try the morello, at first my face was sore due to all the rubbing, and I have a heavy black beard so I always looked like I needed a shave, and my girlfriend did not like the stubble that I had by night time. Went back to the razor. Now I have a full beard haven’t bought a razor blade in at least 5 years, no more stubble, no more nicks, just have to trim it about once a month, retirement is great.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
As seen on TV...

From the fine folks that bring you animal repellers, desktop humidifiers, auto visors,solar chargers, and so much more....

TAC Shaver!

"It's Military Tough!!"

[/sarcasm]

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My new Braun Series 5 5147S was delivered today.

Charged it fully, splashed a little Electra Shave on my face and proceeded to shave. I must say it gives a great shave. Guys, the sale on these at kohl's is a great deal on this razor.

https://www.kohls.com/product/...earch=web-ta-keyword

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its January 20, 2022.

Need to replace my Norelco wet/dry rotary electric.

Ready to try a foil wet/dry shaver.

Braun or Panasonic?

Which version?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Its January 20, 2022.

Need to replace my Norelco wet/dry rotary electric.

Ready to try a foil wet/dry shaver.

Braun or Panasonic?

Which version?

here is the latest review from ShaverCheck:
https://shavercheck.com/best-electric-razor/

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Norelco OneTouch and really like it. Has various trimming attachments, does a great job, charges quickly, packs up easily, lasts 3-4 days on one charge.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
I've had very good luck with Brauns.

My first one was a gift in 1990 and I am on my 3rd one that I bought ~2 years ago. This is the current series I am using:

https://us.braun.com/en-us/mal...ers-for-men/series-9

Eek $310 on Amazon! Eek

One would think that for that kind of money it would come into your room and shave you before you woke up!

$159 at Costco.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Ditto
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I have been a Norelco user for decades now. I tried the foil shavers, but they were just not for me. I can't imagine using anything other that a Norelco.
Ditto

Posts: 14 | Registered: December 10, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
After reading here in another thread last year I got a Panasonic Arc5. Absolutely love it. I imagine if I had got the Braun I would have been happy with that, too.

I use the Arc5 with shave gel and get a great shave.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post