SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Do We Think of the New Honda Goldwing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do We Think of the New Honda Goldwing Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Looks like just another Level 1 trauma bike to me. No thanks...

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

Nice.... Roll Eyes

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7095 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
If it has a reverse gear, it's a two-wheel car.

They have for quite a while.

Yeah, its been a two-wheel car for quite a while.

Maybe they'll bring back a motorcycle Wing that isn't priced like a car.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I think it looks sharp. But I will echo an earlier poster who said it was heavy. Agree. And I know the long distance crowd likes a heavy bike. Just not for me.

Lot's of long distance motorcyclists I know ride a lighter bike, say 550-700lbs, a BMW R1200R, FJR1300 or Honda ST1300.

With the right suspension and lighter handling for a SOLO rider, a medium weight bike is a better choice, IMO.

For those questioning a reverse gear on a heavy motorcycle, just try pushing a 900lb motorcycle backwards on a uphill grade.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I've always been a fan of them. When I retire, that is the bike I will buy.

A few months ago, my wife and I were killing some time, and stopped at a dealer. They had a NOS 2017 for under $20k. I pointed it out to my wife, and told her that is the bike I want when I retire. She thought I was joking, then then asked why would I wait to buy. I told her what the MSRP usually is, and we almost bought it. I talked myself out of it, I still have 2 kids at home. After a bad incident after 35 years of riding, I'm not ready to ride yet...

For Two Up touring, the "Wang" is a hard bike to beat. Good power and torque, and plenty of storage. It is a heavy bike, but it is a horizontal six, so most of the weight is low. The engine is like a sewing machine on wheels, very responsive with instant power and torque.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those questioning a reverse gear on a heavy motorcycle, just try pushing a 900lb motorcycle backwards on a uphill grade.

LOL... no reverse gear is my only real complaint about my Triumph Rocket III Touring. Down here in flat South Louisiana the 900lbs isn't a problem, when I was tooling around the Smoky Mountains... yeah a reverse gear would have been handy.

I like the new GW, and $25,000 to $30,000 isn't bad when one starts looking at the bigger Harleys.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
I loved my 06 model, and quite honestly, had no interest in any model other than that one.

I sold it when I moved into FL for many a reason and haven't looked back. Until now...

God forbid I get the opportunity to ride one. That's how I ended up with the last one.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Judge Dredd approves :

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The red/black combo is just badass! Really like the new 'sport' look.
Powered windshield was well past due.

130 speedo? Confused

06 ST1300 here, reverse would be nice when you are two up and try backing up a slight grade.

Do the new GWs have a powered center stand like the BMWs?
(One of the many reasons I've been looking at the K1200LT)

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:

Thank you for your insightful contribution. Dickhead.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
I miss the Valkyrie.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
First motorcycle to be equipped with Apple's CarPlay. Smile

Article.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I think it looks sharp. But I will echo an earlier poster who said it was heavy. Agree. And I know the long distance crowd likes a heavy bike. Just not for me.

Lot's of long distance motorcyclists I know ride a lighter bike, say 550-700lbs, a BMW R1200R, FJR1300 or Honda ST1300.

With the right suspension and lighter handling for a SOLO rider, a medium weight bike is a better choice, IMO.

My BMW GS comes in at about 550# wet. I havr dropped it and I can pick it up. Hoisting a 900# wing is a whole nuther issue, although I've seen small riders do it. The wing is a technical tour de force, it's just not my cup of tea.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
First motorcycle to be equipped with Apple's CarPlay. Smile

Article.

My point, precisely.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kiernan
posted Hide Post
It's really nice to see Honda bringing the DCT to more models. My NC700X is DCT and I love it - I can just get on the bike and enjoy being out in the wind.

I'm not into long-distance touring and am more of a 'take it out for a few hours to relax' rider, but I would certainly give the GW a look if I was into that sort of thing.

Posts: 1034 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post