SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good News from CNN for a change.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good News from CNN for a change. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
CNN is pulling their network from airports!

Bye Bye CNN

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh thank God.

And I mean that with all sincerity.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason to look forward to resuming travel. That 30-minute loop was cruel and unusual punishment on long layovers and delays.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I was hoping they were going out of business and their buildings were going to be burned down.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
Thank God. Best news I've heard in a year. I hope airports replace it with nothing. Take the boob tubes down.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 576 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The implosion has started! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I was hoping they were going out of business and their buildings were going to be burned down.

Just speculating, those airport franchises have to cost several bucks, revenue stream down with daily target Trump perhaps off the table, CNN can't spend like drunken sailors.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only good thing about CNN at the airport was when Robin Meade was on.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
The only good thing about CNN at the airport was when Robin Meade was on.

That chick is so annoying I want to donkey punch her so hard she loses teeth.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
No news (from CNN) is good news! Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Riddance to a POS network run and operated by SCUMBAGS!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
This move just confirms how bad their financial situation really is. They have got to be circling the bowl. And without Trump to use as a punching bag daily, their future is bleak.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When things finally get back to normal I’m going to look forward to their absence at the airport. I’ve wanted this to happen for a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that from where all their viewership came?

hehehehe Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! Fight noise pollution.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:
Thank God. Best news I've heard in a year. I hope airports replace it with nothing. Take the boob tubes down.

I imagine there was some financial arrangement between the airports and CNN. May be that one or both realized almost all travelers have their I-thingeys or equiv, that keep them occupied while sitting in the airport, CNN was effectively invisible.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t imagine how much THEY HAD to pay to have the “privilege” to be on every TV. I’d imagine by the square inch since all the other business pay by the foot and % of sales

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That really is good news.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Damn it now what am I going to use to calibrate my noise canceling headphones! Wink

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CNN used to be in Doctors and Hospital waiting rooms but are gone in our area for several years now, which probably helps with patients healing faster.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post