SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fan of the First Amendment? Stay out of VA. I'm so ashamed of my state.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fan of the First Amendment? Stay out of VA. I'm so ashamed of my state. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
The prologue to 1984 is starting in Virginia. Not sure how McAwful thinks he has the power to suspend the First and Second Amendments. I can't wait to move from the state I've loved and called home my entire life.

Virginia calls on limited crowd size, bans guns at Robert E. Lee statue

Gov. Terry McAuliffe on Monday implemented emergency regulations for future rallies at Richmond’s Robert E. Lee statue in response to the white nationalist rally in Charlottesville last August.

McAuliffe’s administration enacted new rules that limit crowd sizes and ban guns. McAuliffe announced his decision after learning the permitting rules for the monument had not been updated in decades.

“I immediately ordered my team to review the permit application process and develop regulations to protect public safety,” he said.

McAuliffe stressed that the new regulations would balance safety and First Amendment rights.

Events expected to draw a crowd of more than 10 participants must obtain permits. Crowd sizes may not exceed 500 participants. Guns would be banned at permitted events.

The rules also require permits for events expected to draw 10 participants or more.

The emergency regulations will be in effect for 18 months before the state finalizes them, according to the governor’s office.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
How does one "balance" rights guaranteed by the US Constitution? Actions such as this should be grounds for impeachment.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigh

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm with you, @Skins2881 (by the way, I'm done with the 'Skins too, just fyi). Virginia has now become a Blue state, infected by "progressivism."

Being only a few years away from retirement, I'm torn between staying close to my family or looking for somewhere the hand of the statists isn't always on my shoulder.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Freedom of speech, freedom to assemble

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It is not the Commonwealth, its this asshole >>> Terry McAuliffe.

Sadly the Commonwealth elected his hand picked successor as Governor.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
How does one "balance" rights guaranteed by the US Constitution? Actions such as this should be grounds for impeachment.

Remember that McAwful is a freaking democraP!

He has been screwing over us Virginia residents since that carpetbagger arrived here with help from the democraPs.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A sad state of affairs..
As I stated in another thread, I moved to VA from OH just after 9/11 to start my career in LE.

It seems that every year since that time the Commonwealth has been on a downward slide.

With the newly elected waiting to take office, I don't forsee an upward swing any time soon.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
It is not the Commonwealth, its this asshole >>> Terry McAuliffe.

Sadly the Commonwealth elected his hand picked successor as Governor.

not like the Repubs put up a good fight,,, (weak candidate) and NOVA going left,,

hopefully we can get it right in 4 yrs

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post