SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Transferring phone data from Samsung to Iphone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transferring phone data from Samsung to Iphone Login/Join 
posted
Im looking at the best way to transfer my contacts from my current Galaxy s8 to an Iphone 11. There is an Apple app in the Google app store called Move to iOS but there seems to be a lot of conflicting reviews.

Are there any other tips to think about when making the move? I have an Apple ID but have not used it about 5 years when I had an Iphone 5.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
https://www.ikream.com/how-to-...roid-to-iphone-30688

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to keep a list of your contacts on paper from your phone just in case something goes wrong.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
No advice from me, but just curious..... can you email them to yourself? Then put on new phone?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just contacts, if you're using gmail, you can sync contacts to the new phone.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

That's what I do. I sync whatever phone I use to gmail and I don't have to worry about contacts list.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

That's what I do. I sync whatever phone I use to gmail and I don't have to worry about contacts list.
^^^This. Open a new or existing Gmail account and synch it all to there. Then when you get your new iPhone, load Google Gmail, and Contacts apps onto your iPhone and log in to your Gmail account. Everything should be there. Added benefit...if you ever lose or damage your new iPhone and have to replace it, restoring this info again will be a no brainer.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Last Feb I did this for my ex-mil. First backed up the phone as a file on her MacBookAir. Then I think I imported the address book into Contacts. The phone sync'd with the laptop's Contacts contents via iCloud.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post