SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Birthday Marines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday Marines Login/Join 
posted
The Marine Corps Birthday is today (November 10th)

I would like to wish all of my fellow Marines a very Happy Birthday.

The Marine Corps was formed in Tun Tavern Philadelphia on 10Nov1775.

I had the honour of serving with some of the finest people the God ever put on this earth from 28August1986 to 28August1990.

Semper Fi

Posts: 2225 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday gentlemen.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday and Semper Fi. '89-'98

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Happy 242

http://youtu.be/7vPIWDLPm6M

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Not a Marine here but Happy Birthday and God bless Uncle Sam's Misguided Children!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Marines!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thank you, and happy birthday to my fellow marines!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi my brothers. Below is the Commandants message for our birthday, number 242

The Beauty of Risk
LtCol Gregory A. Thiele

10 NOVEMBER 2017
A MESSAGE FROM THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS

Seventy-Five years ago today, after months of fighting at Henderson Field and along Edson’s Ridge, Marines on Guadalcanal spent the night of 10 November 1942 planning and preparing. Although the Battle of Guadalcanal would continue for three more months, the plans laid on our Corps’ most sacred day became integral to the amphibious campaigns that followed. Success at Guadalcanal proved to be the turning point that ultimately paved the way for Allied victory in the Pacific. Those warriors defended their positions in brutal conditions against a formidable enemy – and triumphed. Through every major conflict our Nation has seen since the Revolution, Marines performed their duty with utmost courage, devotion, and raw determination. Their valiant deeds in the face of overwhelming challenges give us confidence and inspire us to meet the trials of today. As we pause to celebrate the birth of our Corps this year, we honor the legacy that was passed down to us and we recommit ourselves to carrying those traditions into the future.

This November 10th marks 242 years of warfighting excellence. At places like Trenton, Tripoli, Chapultepec, Belleau Wood, Guadalcanal, Chosin, Khe Sanh, Fallujah, Sangin, and so many others, Marines have fought with an inner spirit – a spirit that bonds us, binds us together as a cohesive team. It’s that intangible spirit that has formed the foundation of our warfighting reputation for the past 242 years. Now it’s our responsibility to ensure we honor and carry on that legacy. The American people expect a Corps of men and women who are committed, selfless, willing to sacrifice, who epitomize honor, courage, commitment, virtue, and character. We owe our Nation and our predecessors no less.

Today, as we celebrate our 242nd birthday, we must remember who we are, where we came from, and why we’re here. We must remember the past, honor those who are no longer with us, focus on today’s battles, and get ready for tomorrow. We can and will prevail as we always have, in any clime and place. But we must prevail together, united by the unyielding spirit in each of us that makes our Corps unique – that willingness to put our Corps and fellow Marines ahead of ourselves. Victory in battle comes through the integrated efforts of many – teamwork. We value the sacrifices and contributions of every Marine and Sailor, as well as our family members without whose support we would not be able to accomplish our mission. And we remain committed to being our Nation’s Expeditionary Force in Readiness that sets the standard for honor, discipline, and courage. I am proud of each and every one of you. Happy Birthday, Marines!

Semper Fidelis,

Robert B. Neller

General, U.S. Marine Corps

Commandant of the Marine Corps

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Happy 242 to the USMC!

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it is days like this that I miss my father... he was one of the 'Chosin Few'.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Marines! Today I will celebrate with a toast of bourbon with my FIL, a Marine and Korean War vet. He made the Inchon landing all the way through to Chosin and made it out alive but with severe frostbite on his toes. He was one hell of a man and still is today. (And I still can't believe he allowed his #1 daughter to marry this Squid!)

Salute!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
The Marine Corps and some hard men that were in it took a thug,punk with no moral compass and turned him into a decent human being and some semblance of a good man. I owe the Marine Corps for everything I have and who I am.

Happy Birthday and Semper Fidelis 1983-2004

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Gentlemen.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to my Marine Corps brothers and sisters.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine 68-70

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy 242nd Birthday Marines!

USMC 1975-1979

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi,

'87-'92

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi gentlemen!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Me 1966 & my Dad 1941

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, USMC! And Semper Fidelis! Thank all Marines for their service (well, all military, of course, but Marines especially today).

flashguy (20 years USAF, and grateful for all those who dodged bullets)

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to us and those like us!

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post