SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Web crawlers excluded from SigForum?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Web crawlers excluded from SigForum? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys, and you should know that this place means as much to me as it does to you guys. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if SIGforum went away.

I appreciate those of you who have stayed with us through the years. I've certainly made that part hard some time, what with my ridiculously high standards.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107561 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
what with my ridiculously high standards.

Well...if you're gonna have them. Wink

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you buy your troll spray from, but it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you, Chief!

I hope you know how much the Forum membership values you and this place you have created.

Thank you.

^^^^^^^^^^ 10,000 times over.

I know you know it Para. But is oh so true.

Thanks JRC

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19178 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate SF greatly. I believe it is the best of the gun forums by far. The breadth of knowledge, reasoned discourse, and great moderation makes it so.
And... If the need arises, I will kick in some $$$ to keep it first rate.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
I joined AR15 and glock talk, but haven't been on them in years, lots of years. Sigforum is the only place I spend a good amount of time perusing. And perhaps not obvious by my post count, I do spend a bunch of time reading here.

No reason to go anywhere else given the quality of this slice of heaven.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all you and the mods do. Nice to be able to kick back with like minded folks, unguarded.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Sometimes, when searching the web for something, a post from various forums, including some firearms forums, is found by google. But I don’t recall google finding any SigForum posts, even though there’s lots of interesting stuff here. Is there some mechanism that prevents web crawlers from finding SigForum posts?
A Canadian organization that grabbed up a bunch of US gun forums paid for SEO, meaning they paid Google and other search engines to have their results put to the top, and yes, for the past few months, maybe a year, this has been the case.

I just haven't bothered to do anything about it. SIGforum has never had to resort to such chickenshit tactics. Our success came through interest in the forum's content. We've put on quite a show over the years.
Others, however, had to shell out money to people to knock us off the top of SIG-related searches. They paid for their conspicuousness. I'll leave the decisions about the ethics of that up to you guys.

I seem to remember when they tried to offer you some loot for this site and you publicly telling them to piss up a rope. Well done, sir.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para! Sig Forum is an icon and you have shaped it since infancy. You have built something that you can hang your hat on. Well done!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Sometimes, when searching the web for something, a post from various forums, including some firearms forums, is found by google. But I don’t recall google finding any SigForum posts, even though there’s lots of interesting stuff here. Is there some mechanism that prevents web crawlers from finding SigForum posts?
A Canadian organization that grabbed up a bunch of US gun forums paid for SEO, meaning they paid Google and other search engines to have their results put to the top, and yes, for the past few months, maybe a year, this has been the case.

I just haven't bothered to do anything about it. SIGforum has never had to resort to such chickenshit tactics. Our success came through interest in the forum's content. We've put on quite a show over the years.
Others, however, had to shell out money to people to knock us off the top of SIG-related searches. They paid for their conspicuousness. I'll leave the decisions about the ethics of that up to you guys.

I seem to remember when they tried to offer you some loot for this site and you publicly telling them to piss up a rope. Well done, sir.

Yeah, remember that very well. SIGforum, a thorn in those Canadian guys' eyes, just like President Trump, a thorn in the commies' and RINOs' eyes. Cool

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post