SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Justin Bieber vs. Jack Reacher
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justin Bieber vs. Jack Reacher Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Soooo...Justin Bieber is calling out actor Tom Cruise...

Bieber posts bizarre tweet, challenges Tom Cruise to a fight

You're not going to 'belieb' this.

Justin Bieber on Sunday challenged Tom Cruise to a fight in “the octagon” and appeared to try and provoke the actor, saying if he doesn’t accept he’ll “never live it down.”

The tweet went viral and fighter Conor McGregor announced that his company would host the fight. McGregor also appeared to take a shot a Cruise and said the fight would only go on if he’s “man enough to accept this challenge.”

quote:

Justin Bieber

@justinbieber
I wanna challenge Tom Cruise to fight in the octagon. Tom if you dont take this fight your scared and you will never live it down. Who is willing to put on the fight? @danawhite ?

5:34 PM - Jun 9, 2019

The “Mission Impossible” star did not comment on the posts, but it appeared that many on social media believe Cruise would dispatch the “Baby” singer with ease. Odds Shark, a source for online handicapping, said, “We don’t like your odds, Justin." Bobby Nash, an MMA fighter called out the singer, “You’re calling out a 56 year old man lol.”

Cruise stands at 5’ 7 and weighs 170 pounds. He is famous for doing most of his own stunts and maintaining an enviable physique. He appears ready and willing to fight on screen and often does so while falling from a plane.

Bieber reportedly has two inches on Cruise but weighs 145.5 pounds, according to reports.

“I would love to see this exhibition,” Diego Sanchez, an MMA fighter posted.

By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

Question:
Justin Bieber vs. Tom Cruise. Who would win?

Choices:
Justin
Tom

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16353 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nobody wins.... Two douchebags slapping it out

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I made the kind of money Cruise does, I wouldn't care about "living it down."

I'd chalk it up to millennial stupidity and wouldn't give it a second thought.

Cruise is an actor, not a fighter. Beiber is a kid that nobody but teen girls takes seriously. What possible reason would Cruise have for paying any attention to the kid? Sounds more like fodder for that late night show where celebrities made out of clay beat each other up.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Let's see.... A now irrelevant pop music child takes a swipe at a long time 'A' list celeb who likely couldn't care if he lived or died, in a desperate attempt to generate some attention.

Something tells me this fight has about as much chance of happening as I do playing center for the GS Warriors.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tempest in a teapot.
That said, Cruise did train pretty hard for his role in Collateral.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Nobody wins.... Two douchebags slapping it out
sounds like we do Smile

Bieber would crush him. Cruise is 56 with no training that isn’t on a movie set. Bieber has a purple belt (I believe) in bjj. He also trains in boxing a bunch, even some with Floyd Mayweather.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Cruise was a solid wrestler in high school.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16353 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
What? I mean, really... WHAT????

If i understand, and there isn't some kind of kiddie "code speak" i think Justin Beiber challenged Tom Cruise to a fight?

I mean, ok, great. Two weenies challenged each other to a fight... awesome.... I guess...

or, I'd rather watch an actual "sport" where two trained fighters, not douchebag idiots fight... but whatever. I won't watch them fight.

But it begs questions.... Can someone sub in? Can I fight either of them? Which one wants to ask me first? If Tom asks can I fight Beibs? If Beibs asks can I fight Tom? I mean, I wouldnt' really be fair... But in the interest of entertainment...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
IMO, Mr Cruise could pick up the Bleeb by the one leg, shove his other leg up his butt, and keep pushing until he disappeared.

That would please me greatly.

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’m an overweight middle aged male and I’d love the chance to beat on Bieber but this is bizarre.

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Agree with bigdeal. It's just a stunt so Bieber can get his name in the spotlight once again.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Well, the little twerp can't sing, he's got to do something to stay in the limelight..

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I couldn't pick out Justin Bieber in a police lineup if his name was on the tag. Cruise is an overly miscast Jack Reacher. This is a thing?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Is this the fading male celebrity attention craving equivalent to the fading female celebrity taking her clothes off and tweeting a pic of herself? I think Justin should fight Miley Cyrus naked. But only if they both agreed to never be seen or heard from again.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Beeber trying to get some attention at cruises' expense? I wouldn't respond either. What a little attention 'ho.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The only way we win is if they simultaneously break each other's necks.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
As long as it a fight to the death, so at least we get rid of 1 of them, I’d be happy.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
A now irrelevant pop music child takes a swipe at a long time 'A' list celeb who likely couldn't care if he lived or died, in a desperate attempt to generate some attention.

This. I'm guessing that the kid has not been in the news in quite a while.

Maybe he now knows the feeling David Cassidy had after the 70s.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
The winner would be Google as the video becomes a viral youtube hit.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Bieber vs. Cruise...who cares??

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post