SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Post-bankruptcy California city tests ‘universal’ income for residents
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post-bankruptcy California city tests ‘universal’ income for residents Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Several-dozen families will be given $500 a month, and monitored to see what they do with the money and how it affects self-esteem and identity.

I participated in a state-agency workshop in 1972 dedicated to answering just such a question. As a still naive young social worker, the heady notion proposed by The Left, in those days, called was called 'Minimum Guaranteed Annual Income'. I did considerable research on the matter & found a solid handful of test sites that had done this very thing, only with gov.bux.... The results were all the same, and exactly as you would expect. My enthusiasm for social work subsided as ever more research on such answers to the Tough Questions of Life, for what was never described accurately, as the 'Free Stuff Army' now identified, did not produce that Golden Results predicted by those pretending such responses :"“I think it will make people work better and smarter and harder and also be able to do things like spend time with their families because we're not robots. We're not just designed just to work all day and run a rat race,” are accurate.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Those pinheads couldn’t find a clue if it were pounding them from behind with a battleship.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
As to whether the program could evolve into a broader policy, Tubbs said a state or national policy would be necessary for it to be implemented at the city level.

What this moron is counting on. Oh yeah, here is the moron;

From Wikipedia:

"Elected as mayor in 2016 at age 26, he is the youngest mayor in Stockton's history, and its first African-American mayor."

Figures, a millennial running a dump further into the ground.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Just drive to Stockton and make quick trip through the downtown area.

It's the shithole of shitholes. Homeless and druggies or any combination thereof are abundant and show no signs of ever being unblighted. You could give these people a $1,000 and month and it will have no impact on moving these people forward and upword.

A complete waste of money with no impact. Essentially Mr. Mayor has no idea on how to run a city and he's stuck in that college mentality of, "If I can think it, it must be a good idea."

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
A plus, maybe all the deadbeats will move there.

YES. We'll spread the word in Tucson. Even chip in for bus fare to Stockton.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post